Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Database Schema creation

atul_mohanty
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All -

I have created a database schema as 'RETAIL.hdbschema' file under one folder in a project explorer of the SAP HANA Studio. In the 'RETAIL.hdbschema'

I have put the code as

schema_name = "RETAIL";

After that, I activated the above .hdbschema file in the project explorer and there was no error during activation. But the issue is I am not able to locate the schema under the catalog of the 'System' view  (under SAP HANA Development artifact) in the SAP HANA Studio.

Any help on the above issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Atul Mohanty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

The schema is there it is just that you are unable to view it. By default you will not be able to view it unless you have a .hdbrole to access the schema.

If am not wrong this is kind of most asked question in SCN, may be with little search you would have found the solution in SCN itself.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

atul_mohanty
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna -

Thanks for your reply. We tried in SCN and could not be able to locate the answer for our problem, hence posted here.

However, I have created a .hdbrole to access the schema.

role XYZ.data::User { 

catalog schema "RETAIL" : SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, DROP;  

application privilege : XYZ ::Basic;

}

Also created a .xsprivileges file as follows :

{

"privileges":[

{

"name":"Basic",

"description":"Basic usage privilege"

},

{

"name":"Admin",

"description":"Administration privilege"

}

]

}

Still the issue is not solved. Can you please help on this or any link on scn site if have.

Thank you once again.

Regards,

Atul Mohanty

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Did the role activate correctly?  If so that would certainly indicate that the schema exists.  Otherwise you would have an activation error.  Did you grant the role to your user?  Also try to right mouse click on the Catalog folder and choose Filters.  In the Filter for Schemas dialog, don't enter a filter pattern, but do check Display all schemas and press enter.

atul_mohanty
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas - Thanks for your help. We used  Filter for Schemas to  Display all schemas and it worked .

Regards,

Atul Mohanty

Answers (0)