Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auth object required for rejecting a work item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the below problem and not able to find the solution.

Could you please help me.

In crmd_order tcode , the user create a transaction for sales .The workflow is triggered and this workitem is set to Pending for approval status for an approver in workflow.

When the approver wants to reject that work item in his inbox,he clicks on reject button, fills up the text for rejection .

After sometime when he see again his inbox that rejected work item is still visible in Ready status and is visible to all agents of that stage.(ideally the work item should not remain if its rejected)

When I have checked this issue with workflow admin, they are able to perform reject activity for the workitem.

So, it seems that workflows are fine.

I tried to check the authorization object S_WF_WI .

Could you please tell me if this authorization object will help me so that agents can reject the workitem in inbox.

Regards,

Pooja Saste

4 REPLIES 4

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Authorisation object S_WF_WI with read & execute work item is ok for processing an workitem.

May be you can see authorisation check failures in SU53 after the user executes the work item..

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I tried to find the SU53 screenshot, but it shows that last transaction successfull.

The end user is able to Reject the workitem,he fills up the text for rejection .

But when he refreshes, the same workitem is coming back to Ready status for approver agents.

This is no auth error msg coming to check for SU53.

Our Workflow admin team were able to reject, so I am not able to understand which authorization is missing for user.

Regards,

Pooja Saste

0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Then I would like to recommend, check the workflow status log with technical details to get the error details.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

under authorization object S_WF_WI there are many activities and user may be missing with one of those required to reject request.

however to confirm correct missing activity (field WFACTVT) Please activate ST01 Trace for approver(user) and get trace results to identify Missing authorization.

Regards,

Satyajit