Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection lot generation for manually created physical sample

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a physical sample for a material manually through QPR1..I have assigned the inspection type 15 in the material master for this material in QM view.... then I released the physical sample....but system is not generating inspection lot for the physical sample....but when I execute QPR5 then only system is generating inspection lot... is there any provision to generate inspection lot automatically when we release the physical sample???..is it mandatory to execute QPR5 to generate inspection lots for physical samples???...can somebody guide me on this....

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

First you need to create inspection lot and then trigger for physical sample. Incase you create physical sample then you need to create inspection lot in QPR5.

Refer SAP Help for more details

Manual Inspection Lots for Physical Samples (SAP Library - Sample Management (QM-IM-SM))

Inspection of Physical Samples - Inspection Lot Creation - SAP Library

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one more issue....

inspection type 15 is only used during the manual physical samples creation for inspection lot creation...in the other case where physical samples are created automatically when the inspection lots are created that time inspection type 15 do not have any significance...

Is my understanding correct? can somebody throw some light on this....

Thanks

Kumar

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The system automatically creates physical-sample records for an inspection lot if you planned the physical samples in a sample-drawing procedure and assigned the sample-drawing procedure to an inspection plan that contains at least one required characteristic.

Refer SAP Help Inspection Lot Creation with Planned Physical Samp - Sample Management (QM-IM-SM) - SAP Library

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Yes, Inspection Type 15 is used when manual physical sample inspection is required.

After Creating Physical sample you can generate the inspection lot in T-code QPR2, by entering the Qty. to be Inspected and click the Inspection lot button. New inspection lot will be generated.

Regards,

Kumar R

Answers (0)