cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of Execution factor on service lines with formula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP users,

Here is a description of problem i am facing: Our client provides contract for construction of building to third party builders. While providing the contract, our client also provides a list of services to be performed and the corresponding rates.

They make an estimate for constructing one flat (say) and then multiply that by the number of flats to be constructed.

To map that, I first created a service activity and assigned the service lines. The service lines are mostly for volume calculation (like volume of pillars and number of pillars to be constructed). i therefore suggested that formula for calculating volume be used, Number * length *breadth * height.

Now to repeat this activity for 50 flats, ideally i would assign execution factor as 50. But I found that once the service lines contain formula, the execution factor no longer increases the quantity or price.

This is a major road block for us. I cannot suggest that the client enter the number of flats in each service line. I may be able to make some enhancement to transfer the execution factor to the remaining Formula variable. But I would rather use a standard functionality.

Please let me know if the requirement can be achieved through standard functionality.

Regards,

Soumyadeep Paul.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Soumyadeep paul,

as per above requirement ,

create service activity in the project,and maintain the services under service specification as per requirement

in the external tab screen,check the field activity quantity and maintain there 50

the total value which is obtained by maintaining service specification shall be multiplied by the acitivity quantity,thus fullfillling your requirement

i think this is the only solution as per requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

I raised a note to SAP and they said the same thing - when using Formulas, the execution factor will have no impact.

Has any one worked on a workaround for this?We are looking at EXIT_SAPLMLSP_030 to multiply the first formula value by the execution factor. I hope that it works.

Regards,

Soumyadeep.