Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict Ariba catalog content to SRM requesters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using Ariba for catalog tool.

We have many catalog if in there (one per vendor)..  Is there a standard way to restrict access (with the SRM org structure) to some catalog  - vendors?  For example vemdor 1 catalog would be accessible for SRM org structure dept A only...  Right now we have attribute CAT at the company level in SRM org structure and set to Ariba.

Thanks for your replies,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

if i correctly understand your request, you just have to maintain locally your CAT attribute value.

For organizational unit DEPT A, its CAT value = VENDOR1 cat and you delete this CAT value from the company Org. Unit.

Check also what is the configuration for this attribute in OOATTRCUST transaction: the attribute/scenario should be "Local values overwrite inhertited values" or "No inheritance".

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

We use srm 7.02 (classic) with ariba to host ext catalogs.  Do you have litterature from SAP to describe the set up and config?  In your response when you say cat = vendor1, vendor1 is the SAP vendor number in SRM-ECC.?

Regards,

Daniel

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you to copy a screen-shot of CAT attribute at company level.

You wrote "We have many catalog if in there (one per vendor)", so for me, it means you have several values for this attribute. Each value, being a catalog, concerns only one vendor.

Regards.

Laurent.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

It seems you use Ariba as a hosted catalog, i.e. Ariba is the launchpad for several vendor catalogs like staples dell etc?

If this is the case, there is not really any control which can be placed over the catalog selection from SRM. It is possible that Ariba can probably provide some mask for the catalogs available based on the catalog user accessing the Ariba site.

So for example, if you had a set of users needing to access Ariba -> Dell, and another set accessing Ariba -> Staples, then you could have two users with ID's DELL or STAPLES, I expect Ariba can provide some means by which they will limit the content displayed based on which user then accesses the platform.

It would require that you create several call structures to the Ariba catalog and associate the relevent catalog to the correct users in the Organizational model.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks also for the reply,

Do you have reference to Ariba documentation on possible mask to restrict vendor catalog access?

Regards,

D