cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout Change from Tabs to Trays using OIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need your help to resolving this issue. I have requirement to change the layout of FPM created based on Web Dynpro ABAP application using Object Instance Floorplan (OIF) and the hierarchy is as shown below.

Variant

- MAIN VIEW : VIEW 1

- SUB VIEW : SUB VIEW 1 1

- UIBB 1_1_1

- MAIN VIEW : VIEW 2

- SUB VIEW : SUB VIEW 2 1

- UIBB 2_1_1

These two views are displaying as TABS in UI like VIEW 1 | VIEW 2

But my requirement is to make these views display one below another (Trays) with expand and collapse options as below.

> VIEW 1

> VIEW 2

But I'm not getting any documents related to this. Could you please help me to resolve this.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you need trays (more precisely: panels), you need to use OVP instead of OIF. For this you should have 7.31 or higher, or (limited) 7.02 with suitably high SP.

Best regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

I kind of have the same problem. The thing is that the application has already been developed in OIF and now we are looking at options to accommodate whatever features (tray/panel/UIBB header text style) we can get to make different sections(each UIBB content) distinguishable.

So anything that we can do in OIF..?

Many thanks,

Saikat

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saikat,
no, for OIF there is no other way than using the views and subviews.

Best regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply Jen. It seems I will have to adapt OVP.

Cheers,

Saikat

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will help if you can post a screen shot of the current configuration of the TABBED UIBB.

The new configuration will be something like:

- MAIN VIEW

- SECTION 1

- UIBB 1_1_1

- UIBB 2_1_1

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this configuration, each main view is displaying as tab, but my requirement is to change this from TAB view to TRAY view with expand and collapse options in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to move UIBB(2) under Subview 1 like this:

Main View: View 1

Subview: Tab1

UIBB: (1) ZTEST_OIF WINDOW1

UIBB: (2) ZTEST_OIF WINDOW2

Then, delete "Subview: Tab2". If a tabed component has only one tab, it is displayed in a single frame. In order to add the collapsable panes, you need to select the appropriate attribute for each UIBB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah/Gowda,

"In order to add the collapsible panels, you need to select the appropriate attribute for each UIBB".

Guys what exact attribute did you select to achieve this. Even no collapsible panel, even if we can distinguish the header of each UIBB it will be helpful.

Can you please help..

Many thanks,

Saikat