Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADDING CUSTOM BUTTON IN TABLE EXTENSION FRAMEWORK SRM

former_member303542
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have a last moment high priority requirement frm my customer.

We have developed a table extension in contract management header view to copy partners related with specific purchase org and plant.

The table extension is working fine, however default buttons provided by framework are only add and delete buttons.

I am asked to add copy button as well to support the addition feature of copying records.

Can anyone of you comment on the feasibility of this requirement as well provide any help..

For me it appears to be modifying the framework provided in standard sap since metadata config for table extensions allows add and delete configurations but not copy in the table THCUS.

Please advise ASAP.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member303542
Participant
0 Kudos

I was able to solve the issue myself , thanks for all the viewers of this issue.

Thanks ,

Kumar.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI naveen ,

I am not sure but can you check the below :

Go to SPRO path :Define Customer Table Extensions on Header Level

In this Customizing activity, you define header level table extensions for all supported business objects. To do so, you define appends in data dictionary structures containing the fields you want to display on the user interface and/or write to the database.

STeps :

1. Define an append containing all the database fields included in the header extension tables.  If no append exists, the system automatically creates one with the naming convention ZA<structure name>#, where <structure name> is the name of the structure to which the append is assigned. If you want to create the append with a different name, cancel processing, confirm that you do not want to save changes, choose Appends and a different name on the popup. If there are already existing appends, you can choose one from the list or create a new one.

2. Add the required database fields to the append. If you need the same list of fields in different appends, you should create a structure by means of transaction ABAP Dictionary (SE11) and include it wherever required by creating an entry #.INCLUDE# for the field name and the created structure.

3. In the follow-on activities, you can create or change appends with the fields of the business object-dependent extension tables. The processing is similar to the first activity, but these structures are used for displaying extension tables on the user interface.

then go to Configure Control of Fields of Table Extensions >>Customer metadata for substructure fields in normal entries and set the action there

You may also explore this one : Configure Control of User Interface for Extension Tables

In this Customizing activity, you can influence the behavior of the generic table extension display function on the user interface. Since the customer namespaces #THCUS# and #TICUS# are used, you are allowed to make settings for customer table extensions only.

former_member303542
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinitha,

I have actually did this configurations and now the table extensions is working fine.

However as per the default SAP,

Buttons provided on the table extensions thru actions options are only "ADD" and "DELETE"

customer needs addition of "COPY" button as well which is not provided in the configurations.

do i need to do the regular coding for adding this button or do we have any configuration to achieve this..?

Thank