cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load xsappsite

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Just got myself a copy of SAP HANA Developer Edition (SP07) on AWS, added in delivery unit HANA_UI_INTEGRATION_SVC.tgz from server for SAP HANA UI Integration Service and the following roles to my user id:

• sap.hana.uis.db::SITE_DESIGNER
  • sap.hana.uis.db::SITE_USER

When I tried to open up the one of the SHINE .xsappsite, I am not able to load the site designer. Instead, I am getting the following from the error log:

• Message: Could not login to system: Connection refused: connect
  • Plug-in: com.sap.ndb.studio.portal.ui

Any idea what I might be missing? I have also tried enabling all the inbound TCP ports for my AWS security group.

Regards,

TM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You added in the delivery unit HANA_UI_INTEGRATION_SVC?  That shouldn't have been necessary.  UIS is now installed in standard as of SP7.

Have you tried to load any web page from the HANA System?  Do you have HTTP connectivity to it from your desktop machine?  The xsappsite just opens a web browser in place within the Studio for this particular artifact.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am able to load the EPM examples. Is it possible this issue has something to do with my eclipse or browser settings?

Regards,

TM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I suspect the problem is that the Developer Center system uses port 80 instead of the HANA standard 80XX (where XX is your instance number).  Several of the HANA Studio tools assume the standard ports and therefore when opening web based tools in place from the Studio, they don't function correctly. One thing to try.  Right mouse click on your SYSTEM entry in the SYSTEMS tab of the HANA Studio and choose Properties. Then go to the XS Properties tab.  There you can maintain the hostname and port for your HANA system. This should override the automatic port assumption and use the changed configuration to port 80. If the Studio tools are correctly using this configuration, then changing the port here should correct the opening of the XSAPPSITE tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I am running HANA SP06 and I installed UI5 Integration services.

XSapp gives me a 404 error.  I do not see the "properties" for XS Properties as in your screen shot.  Should I install additional XS services through "Import"

Thanks

Prabhu

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>XSapp gives me a 404 error.

404 would seem to indicate that the URL is wrong (check for typo - including case), the content isn't active (perhaps an error during import) or you don't have authorizations.

> I do not see the "properties" for XS Properties as in your screen shot.

That would seem to indicate you are also running an older version of the HANA Studio.  As the HANA Studio is backwards compatible you can upgrade just the Studio even if your HANA Server is SPS06. However this thread was talking about opening the XSApp Site design via the Studio and the Studio's automatic assumption of the 80XX port.  A 404 error wouldn't indicate the same problem.  Perhaps describe your Error and URL in more detail.

Answers (0)