cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP - Need to migrate a change in Calculation Type of a key figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have SCM 7.0.  In APO DP, I changed the calculation type of the Statistical Forecast key figure from 'I' to 'P' in the DEV environment using /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN and would like to transport it to our QAS region.  I used /SAPAPO/TSOBJ and selected the 'Transport Planning Area' box, entering my Planning Area, and selected 'With InfoObject Transport' box then attached to a transport and migrated the transport.  The transport migration did not migrate the change to the Statistical Forecast key figure's calculation type.  Should I have a different box selected in /SAPAPO/TSOBJ or can this change NOT be transported?

Regards,

J. West

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

One reason why the change was not visible is your planning arae was 'active' in the target system. Not many would like to 'deactivate' or 'deinitialize' their planning areas. The best option would be to to go to 'Change Key Figure settings' in /sapapo/msdp_admin and carry out the changes. But make sure to keep all systems in sync.

Thanks,

Subash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Julie,

I was into similar situation.  It is not advisable to transport whole planning area for transfer simple change of Calculation Type for a key figure. As you know if you create transport for planning area, by default it adds Storage Bkt profile and MPOS. So it is better to do this change manually using /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN in the target system.  And making sure all the required system are in sync (D, Q, P).

After the changes are done you can run program : /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK to do Planning Area Consistency Check.

Hope this will help

Thank you

Satish Waghmare