cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry app settings - Windows Screen Size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a question regarding the options in the "Application Settings" -- Windows Screen Size: there are 2 options different from the available resolutions for Windows devices - "Allow Resize" and "Tablet Mode".

As far as I understood, if you select "Allow Resize" the user will be able to resize the Agentry client on his device? (pls, correct me if this is wrong)

But I couldn't find any info on the "Tablet Mode" option. Can someone share his/her experience?

Regards,
Denis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Denis,

I just verified this with a UI programmer here.  Allow Resize is an old legacy setting that does not apply to the WPF client.  It allowed you to resize the individual windows in the Win32 and PPC clients, but it isn't very useful because the screen does not dynamically re-size the fields when you do this.  Tablet is completely ignored by all clients.  Like Mark mentioned, this was going to be used by the WPF client to force the application to flow one screen at a time to support legacy applications and new applications that wanted to work that way.  The idea of multiple screens being active on WPF at the same time was abandoned by the platform team as it became too problematic and not practical from a UI flow standpoint.  All WPF applications are now really in Tablet mode.  It was going to be configurable with that setting, but the idea was abandoned.  All WPF applications flow one screen at a time the way the other platforms do.

The tablet setting will eventually be removed from the editor as it is ignored by all platforms.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I can tell this is a long discussion internally due to how the old legacy system is versus the new high resolution clients.

• When this Tablet Mode was introduced in 2013, the main title of the change request was "AG-23057 Scale Screen in Tablet Mode so that they fit on the display without scrolling".
  • Another note is to add option to use one window for the application's content (Tablet mode)

Additional note: Even in tablet mode, it's possible for the monitor's resolution to be too small for the screen as they're defined in Agentry. In this event, fields will appear clipped. This is normal behavior.

This may be related to when the screen needs to fit in one window versus opening multiple windows that could potentially break a flow.

Hopefully the notes above can share some lights if the documentation for it is not ready yet.

I am also pinging the documentation team if they know where the official documentation is. As soon as I hear from them I can update this thread.

Regards,

Mark Pe

AGS Senior Product Support Engineer