cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to not settle CS work order revenues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a settlement rule created on Customer Service work orders where cost center is the receiver.

I would like to keep this but problem come, when I'm trying to settle work order which have revenues (comming from billing document).

I would like to disable settlement of revenues from Customer Service work order and settle only costs.

I addition I'm looking for a way to fully customize it (without user exits and manual creation of settlement rule).

Is there any way to achieve that?

Concrete steps will be appreciated since I tried many solutions and alwyas something was preventing settlement of costs without revenues.

Thx in advance:

Lukasz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally, revenue generating Service orders will settle only the variance (between Revenue & Cost) to the settlement receiver.

Is it fine for you to create Billing document with reference to Sales order?? Else, just try running settlement run before creating Billing document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran KD,

Actually we would like to keep reference from billing document to WO. What comes to run settlement before the billing, it is not fine for use since work orders settlement we run automatically (in weekly frequence) and billing is done manually. So you never know whether billing will not happen before the settlement job run.

But what do you mean by:

"Generally, revenue generating Service orders will settle only the variance (between Revenue & Cost) to the settlement receiver."

???

Could you please post an example?

Thx in advance.

Regards:

LK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Say, service order bears the cost of 1000 & service order generates the revenue of 1500, then the difference 500 (1500 - 1000) will be settled as negative value.

As billing is happening manually, you can cross verify whether settlement has been done or not. Based on that, you can decide on billing document creation.

As, this is not possible with standard SAP flow, some workaround has been suggested in this way.

Once you do billing with reference to Service order, you can get the reference of billing document in service order. Hope, it will not have any impact on settlement run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact our problems started when we tried to settle costs and revenues as in your example.

For costs, cost centers are settlement receivers and system doesn't allow to settle costs and revenues to cost center (this -500).

How will you achieve that to have costs and revenues settled together?

Regards:

LK

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the problem you are facing while settling cost & revenue to cost center?? Are you getting any error??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that's the reason I'm looking a way to exclude revenues from settlement.

System throws an error as follows:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just I made replica of your scenario. Yes, I got the same error. As its mentioned in the error note, receiver can't be cost center for revenues.

Using source structure, cost can be settled to cost center. Revenue can be settled to G/L account. OR both can be settled to G/L account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the solution I was testing also, looks like the only way but here another problem comes.

In source structure you define the assignments, so one could cover cost elements related to costs, one those which are related to revenues.

Later you can assign them to settlement rule on service order, however I haven't found any way to assign it automatically, always manual assignment is required, what in my scenario is not an option.

One suitable way could be by defining strategy sequence and assign it to WO type like in t-code KSR3_ORC, however here it works only for internal orders, not maintenance orders as per my scenario.

Do you have any idea how to default it in SPRO?

Regards;

LK