cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Lists printable in atrocious colors only..?

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo,

Printing an ABAP List on an expensive Xerox office printer via Postscript/PCL-5 Listdrivers produces a rather lamentable result illustrated by the picture below:

On top is the output of SHOWCOLO Abap as seen in SAP GUI, below ist the scan of what I'd call "What You See Is What You Never Get" printout. COL_BACKGROUND and COL_NORMAL are OK as they are. My Users could also live with INTENSIFIED_OFF of COL_POSITIVE and COL_NEGATIVE and INTENSIFIED of COL_TOTAL. BUT COL_HEADING, COL_KEY and COL_GROUP make printed Lists nearly "unreadable".

Why are the printed colors so different from what's seen in GUI - are we doing something wrong? After fiddling around in the system, searching OSS and Internet for hours I still have not found a way to influence printed colors for lists... - is it possible at all?

Thank you and best regards,

Janis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whew - who wudda guessed

This is working as designed, unfortunately there is no chance to convert the color in SAPGUI or even in the printing.

--KBA 2292939 - ABAPList color is not printed as it looks

cheers

Jānis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janis,

The trouble is that in the basic ALV lists, you have only very few colors available.

I doubt you will be able to manipulate the physical printout of those lists. You would basically have to make another ALV list with no colors.

This can be done if you manipulate every individual report by setting the colors manually in the code, but I don't believe that you can control it on a global or a printer-level.

If you need to change it on a printer-level you would need a new printer-driver, and for that you need to contact Xerox. SAP does not support the 3rd party device types I think.

What happens if you print to 'Snag-it' or some other program and print the results?

Best Regards,

Martin

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo Martin,

I need to print the List stuff from Batch Jobs as well, so screen capture or frontend print will not fit well. I sent the List to CutePdf Writer via SAPLpd frontend print; the result is somewhat more readable due to support of bold font for INTENSIFIEDs, but the colors are the same.

After looking at the Postscript/PCL files that get sent to printer I think you are right... Trying to fiddle with the Print-Controls for List Colors/Formats at Device Type (it's a custom one we adapted together with local Xerox people form their standard Device Type), where the List color Print-Controls have no values at the moment, will likely not change anything - it looks like the colors might be "hard-coded" somewhere in the "ABAP Listdriver"...

Why, Hasso, why.. - how am I supposed to continue telling users SAP software is just fine?

Well, duplicating Output Devices for no color (grayscale shading for colors) it is, I guess...

Thanks and schönes Wochenende,

Janis