cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Ranges after client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Basis Gurus,

i am planning a client copy from our production system to our quality assurance system to refresh a old existing client.

In past i have done some similar copies. After the copies i am always facing the problem with the number ranges (short dump SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC). Then I need to adjust the number ranges I need manually. This is a lot of work.

How is the standard procedure in this case? Is there any option to do this in a more efficient way?

Best regards,

Klaus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dump is: SQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPRC

I am using Transaction SCC9 with copy Profile SAP_ALL

Former Member
0 Kudos

hm!, how much time it take to complete the client copy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a huge Client, round about 12 hours.

Former Member
0 Kudos

why can't you use system copy process? which will be easy and reliable.

refer  489690 - CC INFO: Copying large production clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

I only want to refresh one Client on the test System. The other clients should not be affected. 

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you delete the target client content (SCC5) before the copy  ?

This can strongly improve copy runtime.

How many parallel process did you use?

Regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

I'm opening up this thread as we are having the similar issue after client copy with the number ranges short dump SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC.

We tried adjusting the affected number ranges manually and that doesn't seem to work for us.

You said that you used to do this work a lot in the past.Do you follow any process in adjusting the number ranges manually?

Though this seems to be a lot of work but we want to give it a try before we go for a client copy again.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAPUSER,

i check table NRIV and if there is a difference between the clients i update it using transaction snum.

Kind regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you tried executing $Sync command?

Also, you can try to reset the buffer for a given number range causing the problem

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Klaus for the suggestion...

Adjusting the current number in the number range interval is working for us now.

We are keeping the current number to be the same as that of production and that resolved the issue with the dump.

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prithviraj for your suggestion as well...

I think we would go with adjusting the current number in the number range interval to be the same as that of production.

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i need copy Profile SAP_ALL and i am faced with this Situation after every copy. At the moment i manually edit the ranges i need.

But i want to know if there is a better / faster solution for that.

Br,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using SAP_ALL then i dont think you need to maintain any kind of number ranges... as system should pickup next number. Is the number you are getting in the target system is used in source system (you can find the number in dump)? Which method you are using for client copy?

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Number range should not be an issue when copying a client.

The NRIV table that does hold the number range status/level is copied, as the data its relates to, so there should not be inconsistencies... as long as there were no activity in source client.

What copy profile were you using when you get into trouble with number range ?

Regards

Technical Background (SAP Library - BC ? Client Copy and Transport (BC-CTS-CCO))

19574 - CC-ADMIN: Controlling data selection during client copy

Number ranges have to be reset if the target client does not contain any application data after the copying. This applies, for example, if you only copy Customizing data.

Otherwise, the number range statuses remain unchanged or are copied from the source client. The reset decision is implicitly derived from the copy parameters and does not need to be, or cannot be defined externally.

Note that you may not work in the source client while copying.

Otherwise inconsistencies, particularly in the number range can occur.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Adjustment of number ranges is a regular activity post system refresh. But this may not be required for all the number range objects. You need to identify the objects under which error appears and fix them.

In order to avoid issues with number ranges you can add a step into refresh document.

- Record the number ranges for all the used objects in PRD

- Adjust the number range for all those identified objects in QAS post refresh.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori