Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Process Scheduling

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have few questions on Configurable Process Scheduling (CPS):

• I understand that we can assign item category to a process alias in CPS and this way, the schema will be picked up according to the item category and it will traverse through the condition technique to calculate various activity durations and will give scheduling result. However, as per this document on SCN: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-5602

There are two ways of finding Process Alias either by assigning it to item category or by condition technique. “Note that assignment of the item category to the process alias is ignored if the system has previously found a process alias using the condition technique."

Which condition technique are we talking about here? I do not see any other configuration which can be used to find a process alias apart from item category in SPRO.

• We define process alias and maintain workflow identifier against it in the following path:

IMG --> SCM Basis--> Configurable Process Scheduling --> Process Definition --> Define Process Alias

What is this workflow identifier and what is the significance here? I believe it has got something to do with linkeage to ECC box like EDQA linkeages?

Please share your views on this.

Thanks,

Parth Soneji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parth,

The system is checking first the conditions maintained at transaction /SAPAPO/SCH_GCM. If no CPS process alias could be determined it checked the customizing at

SAP - Implementation Guide

SCM Basis

Configurable Process Scheduling

Interfaces

-> Determine Assignment of Item Category to Process Alias

if there is a process alias assigned for the item category.

In case no CPS process alias could be found the system continues with the standard scheduling...

Hope this helps.

best regards,

Michael

mwallace
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Parth

You can run CPS and condition technique scheduling along side each other if you need to.  For example you can use condition technique scheduling but jump into CPS for a certain customer, product or route.

The workflow is standard SAP workflow () and is used to organise the activities you create in CPS.  First you create activities in your schema and then assign them to tasks in your workflow.  It has nothing to do with EDQA.  If you want to create workflows there is some basis work that needs doing first.

I'm happy to answer any questions on this but it'll take me a fair amount of time and effort so first I'd recommend using your sandbox to add an additional activity into a schema and workflow, then once you have that set up and working think about using CPS in parallel with condition technique.  If you have any questions post a new thread and I'll pick them up here.

Good luck.

Michael