cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing period not updated for IPR declarations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have come across a scenario in IPR which I would like to discuss here and see if there could be some improvement.

We create IPR declarations which will determine the IPR Authorization based on the necessary setup. Once the release messages for the IPR declaration is received. System calculates the processing date based on the release date+processing period in months. Once the processing period is updated in the declaration, stock gets updated in tables /sapsll/ivmcst01 and /sapsll/ivcs101. The calculated processing date is updated as Due date in /sapsll/ivmcst01.

For my recent declarations, there were no IPR stock update even after receiving release message. When I checked the declaration, found the processing date missing in the declaration. On further analysis found that the calculated processing date doesn't fall within the validity of IPR authorization and that's why the processing period was not updated in the declaration.

Say for example: my IPR Authorization's validity 01.06.2012 to 31.05.2014. And my IPR declaration received release message today 21.02.2014.

And my IPR authorization has processing period as  9 months. So, the processing period system would have calculated be 21st Nov, 2014. But this is not showing in the IPR declaration. I believe this is because the IPR authorization is not able to cover the validity.

And when processing period wasn't updated for the declaration in the above mentioned table. Then no point in looking for IPR Stock update.

Though this makes sense to me, my business has some other thoughts. Though the processing period is setup  as 9 months. We can still move the stock out of IPR before 9 months. So, they are not ready to buy this logic of preventing IPR Stock update because processing period falls outside Authorization validity.

Did anyone else see this case before? It just easy to extend the IPR Authorization period after confirmation. But I don't want to just reject the thoughts of my business. Any one else think this is a valid request?

Please let me know your thoughts

Do let me know if I had overlooked something.

Thanks

Dhilipan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

No, I don't think you've overlooked anything.  Pending further development by SAP, my suggestion is to extend the validity of the IPR Authorisation in the system, as a "workaround" for the problem.

In my opinion, the standard code should take the latest of the calculated date and the end validity date when determining the Due Date for the IPR stock.  Perhaps you would like to raise the issue via OSS?

Regards,
Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have raised an OSS. I'll update once I get a response for my OSS.

Regards

Dhilipan