Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement for updating quantity in Contract after billing

former_member211104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I Have the below Requirement

Against a single Sales Order  delivery document is created. After Delivery and Billing if partial quantity is left in the Sales Order, the same should be added in the Contract and Sales Order should be closed.

After billing if Partial Quantity is left in Sales Order then it should automatically increase the Contract Qty and close the Sales Order.

Could you please tell me how to met this Requirement i mean by using BAPI/Module Pool /user exit ?

Regards

sundar

Message was edited by: G. Lakshmipathi

Please use the subject effectively to get the attention of related experts

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Suryaji26
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Is there any workaround for the same.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use more descriptive subject line ('enhancement' could mean very many things) - this blog might be useful.

Even though I agree with honorary Laskhmipathi and others regarding the process, we have done something similar in the past but only with the orders. The requirement was to reject the order lines after the partial delivery has been completed. Such partial deliveries were usually because of material being out of stock. The business didn't want to attempt filling in the remaining quantities because the stock was taking a while to get and if we delivered more goods later, it was more likely to result in the customer return.

I'm not that familiar with the contracts (and am not sure what specific type we're talking about), but it might be possible that if the order line is rejected, it will update the contract without any additional effort (this piece seems quite reasonable). So essentially your requirement seems very similar to the above.

The technical update itself was done by standard BAPI, but how to identify such orders and when to update them is a different story (you'd need to get more specific requirements for that).

Still since this is not really best practice, I'd also suggest to check with the client what exactly are they trying to achieve and why. It's your responsibility to explain to them the SAP functionality and how it can be used for their business instead of just blindly applying the legacy functionality to SAP.

former_member211104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Phanikumar and Jelena for your valuable response.

the Discussion of the Time frame is still under progress but in an example Lets Say  at the Month end of every Month.

if it can be met by BAPI , could you please suggest me the BAPI Name for this ?

Regards

Sundar

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sundar, I'm more in favor of "teach a man to fish" approach, so I won't just tell you the name. But if you google BAPI plus whatever you need to do (e.g. 'BAPI change sales order') you'll most likely get the result in a second. If there are too many results, just add 'site:sap.com' to limit search to the SAP domain, which will include SCN.

There is also transaction that is actually called BAPI in SAP. Take a look there (although the google route is usually the shortest).

former_member211104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jelena,

i appreciate you above comments

i just want to know whether is it possible to do by BAPI or not.if can be done by BAPI then definitely i will try to find out the appropriate BAPI for this .

Anyway we have lot of time to Test this .

Regards

Sundar

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BAPI can only do what the transactions can do (and even less actually). In this case you don't seem to have the detailed requirements yet. So the best approach would be to prototype the process using regular transactions and then see if there is a BAPI to automate those steps.

In our case, as I mentioned, we simply applied rejection code and this is definitely possible through the order change BAPI.

P.S. If your question has been answered, kindly close the discussion (see this blog). Thank you.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunder,

Client has to tell you the Time period as well--when to add this Open Order Quantity to Contract?

(May Be today You created Sales order and after two months there is some pending quantity in the same sales order)

Now after Two months you can run VA05--Open orders and ask your user to edit the Open Quantity into your Contract order.( i really dont know in what kind of Contract you can add this open Quantity--but this Open qty can not be Editable either in Quantity/Value Contracts)

I think as suggested by Legend Lakshmipathiji and other seniors ---you  have to take a call to Discuss boldly with your client..

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
the same should be added in the Contract and Sales Order should be closed.

Please dont even try with any enhancement for such weird and illogical requirement.  You have to tell your client boldly that certain requirements cannot be met in SAP and they have to forget their legacy functionality which they were enjoying.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member211104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you lakshmipathiji,

for changing the Description.i tried but i did not find the option to change it .

Regards

Sundar

former_member211104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

Any Suggestions or ideas on this requirement ?

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sundar,

There is a GAP as per me as you said that after billing the remaining qty from the SO will be transferred to Contract.... Right?

Tell me how system will know that this is last billing?

It may also happen that the remaining qty you can bill further and finally there will some qty left in the SO.I mean how you can take care this? Have you planned anything?

Rather come to any solution why not you discuss the real time business requirement with REAL example.It will help you as all the member will understand it in more details and the your requirement will be more highlighted.

I strongly believe that it would be a very rare incident that our fellow members will not experienced the requirement you are talking about.

Lets hope for the best.

Good luck!!!

Thanks,

Suman$

former_member211104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

i have not planned anything for this so far.in fact we are in the very beginning stage of the requirement gathering .

they are using this process manually in their legacy system for the big customers not for all and they are asking us to map this in SAP.

i am checking this with my ABAPer , if i will get something on this i will share with you definitely.

Thanks for replying