cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a sales order with reference to a sales doc of different sales area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to create a sales order by copying a sales order of different sales area. Is there way to achieve this (user exit, custom transaction, copy control) if the standard SAP doesn't allow?

Thanks in advance

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

but like mani says u would not be able to use or adopt because if ur business requires multiple sales areas for same customer ,we cannot say SAP does not support .its not allowed to say within SAP.

thnx

mukund

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for good suggestions.

I was able to create the sales order by modifying the data transfer routine in the transaction VTAA. I know SAP is not recommending this process (as per the documentation). Do you anticipate any issues with this approach?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI venkat,

to be very precise yes ,it is possible to create a sales order referencing the sales order of the same customer from different sales area ,but system has to understand the key field which is differentiated between those two sales areas like say doc type or any other header fields so that ,we can use that field in userexit MV45AFZZ to code a logic ,so that system picks up right sales area depending on your business process.

mukund

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not possible using standard SAP.

Can you be more specific about you r requirement as t what are you trying to achive by this?

regards

Biju

Former Member
0 Kudos

We create sales orders using EDI and sales area is determined by some logic. Sometimes sales order ends up with wrong sales area due to various reasons. Obviously we can't ship this order and sales area needs to be changed. What is the best process to change this sales area?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat;

This is happening because as I see it yu are maintaining the Same customer in multiple sales areas. This might be the cause of confsuion. It would be better if you can create diff customers and this issue shld be solved.

Regards,

Mani.