cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas - Selection fields and results tables on same screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I´m currently looking into a scenario which includes the building of a cockpit-type solution for transaction fbl5n (display line items of customer account)

where there is a request to place both the selection fields of the transaction and the output list in different areas of the same Personas screen.

Further - selecting items from this output list should provide more details about the selected line, and this info should also have its own screen area.

So I´m basically looking at a scenario with a screen consisting of some selection fields and then (at least) two more ´quadrants´of info representing increasing levels of output detailing. I am relatively new to Personas, and I understand that there are scripting tools to copy table contents etc., but given that there are time constraints at work here, I´m wondering if it might ultimately be a better and easier  solution to create a new transaction  with all these subscreens and then design the cockpit laoyout and perhaps some of the simpler functionality using Personas. Any ideas and suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you.

Regards

Jørgen Nilsen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm working right now on something very much like this. Personas doesn't properly support copying tables from one screen to another. If you can I would recommend building a transaction to contain the report results and using Personas to build everything else you need around the native ABAP dynpro table. That said, you can make something like this mostly work. I've blogged about how to deal with copying table contents here - . And here's a sneak preview of the complete app:

My report here has no selection criteria, but in your case they could be on fields on this screen and copied to the selection screen before execution. Otherwise I think this is quite close to what you are describing. I still think it would be better done with a custom transaction, but something like this is possible.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve

Thanks a lot for your answer. Due to time constraints etc, I´ll probably go for the custom transaction solution for now

Jørgen Nilsen

Answers (0)