cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Commitments not generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue that on a WBSE whenever I create PR/PO the commitment budget is not getting generated on WBSE, means in CJI5 that particular line item is not visible. But PR/PO is generated and saved. Which should not happen, because commitments haven't generated.By doing some R&D, I found that it is happening due to incorrect GL entry in valuation class of material.

So what I want that system will restrict the PR/PO until the commitment getting generated against the WBSE. Please give your valuable suggestions.

Regards

Shishir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

HI shishir,

What I understand ,

Commitment cost is not generating with creation of PR/PO.

Have you checked s_alr_87013558 report. May be the cost is not showing in CJI5 report only.

If yes,

Then i think you have not maintained the cost element with item category 90 which is assigned in PR/PO.

Check below link..

Components: Commitment and Actual Cost | SCN

Also check COOI table weather commitment cost generating against WBS-element.

Lets wait ...for the other experts reply

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked already, that commitment cost is not in s_alr_87013558  or CJI5 as well as in COOI.

So why my PR/Po is getting saved. I want to restriction if commitment item is not getting generated.

Regards

Shishir

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Shishir,

Commitment is only visible in cji5 report when your PR/PO have some cost.

PR/PO get also saved even if you haven't assigned any cost in them

So where the restriction works?

If you have assigned cost then check the cost-element have item category 90 or not as I told you in last reply.

Check out this again.

Lets wait for others reply ...May they give better solution.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already checked the cost element have item category 90 & the amount is assigned in PO also.

The solution is we can transfer the PR/PO commitments manually  thru a program RKANBU01 to respective WBS in case commitments is not getting transfer automatically to WBS as per your PR/PO.

So I am thinking make a check that if PR/PO commitments are not generating on WBS. then it will restrict the PR/PO on save.

Expecting some valuable suggestions.....

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to reconstruct the information and availability control by CJEN and CJBN, hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Already done. But my question is all about to implement a check that if PR/PO commitments are not generating on WBS. then it will restrict the PR/PO on save.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shishir,

Did you check if the G/L account used in the PR/PO, contains field "Commitment item"?

Check in TC FS00 and then check if this commitment item master data in FMCIC.

If not maintained and created, maintain commitment item same as in G/L account and create master data of commitment item.

Also, in commitment item, financial transaction is very important (30 or 60).

Kindly check and respond.

Thanks and regards,

Narender.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shishir,

The restriction will work while saving when we consider the following in your case.

• COOI shows the amount after the manual transfer through RKANBU01.
  • Cost element have item category 90 shows the amount

Still if its not working, kindly check the table COSP, if the amount is updated.

Best Regards,

Mahesh

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Shishir,

Youl should find out the reason the PR/PO was not generated, after this you can enter a validity check to prevent this.(eg if the cost element is not correct.. )

i don't see your solution for several reasons :

1)  committed should be generared and it is a  standard functionality--> you don't need develop the same

2) where are you thinking to enter the validation that the committed document has benn generated? When the material document is saved it has not been created yet.

3) if you find the solution for 2) and you execute in batch the report RKANBU01 the document will be generated with BATCH user instead of the user that creates the material document ( and you will lose this information  In CJI5)

I hope this can help you,

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

2) where are you thinking to enter the validation that the committed document has been generated?

Hi Clara,

Thanx for your reply.

Exactly that suggestion I want that Where should I enter validation.Is it possible to create check that if commitment is not generated i.e not getting updated in COOI/COSP then it will throw a error popup on PR save?

I have done some R&D with my abaper but didn't work. May be you people have some better idea to do this if it is possible.

Regards

Shishir

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shishir,

it is possible someone from MM can help you with this question ( because if there is a validation/ exit this is in MM).

in any case I would like to remark, if settings and master data is correct it is not possible create a PR without CO document. Why don't you try to review it and analyze the issues?

regatds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok..will do...thanks all..