Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO 4.1 Upgrade crystal report prompt doesn't work

harald_schuller2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

after migration to BO 4.1 we got a problem with crystal reports prompts.

Values are shown, when there are less than 10 values in the variable.

e.g. variable witch includes Jan-Dec is not shown only after filtering in Bex Jan-Sep

Are there any settings in BO?

Harald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harald_schuller2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is fixed with Patch 5

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186788
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We had this issue with Crystal Reports that were migrated from 3.1 to 4.1 as well as Crystal Reports that were promoted using promotion manager. I found a workaround for this problem.

1. I had to export the LOVs using Business View Manager to .xml file, make sure the check the "Export security information" and "Preserver folder sturcture." checkboxes from the source repository where the Crystal Report is working fine.

2. Then using the Business View manager import the .xml file to the destination repository, make sure to check the "Merge folder security" checkbox. Once the import is complete you will need to set the password for all the connections that got imported as it seems to blank it out, probably to not have the passwork exposed in an .xml file.

Some how the security is getting messed up in the Promotion Manager/Upgrade Management Tool. I've tried going into Business View manager after the promotion and reset the security on the individual objects, but I was getting inconsistant results so I prefer the workaround above.

There is also a SAP NOTE,

1754247 - BI 4.0: When promoting content via Promotion Management some objects are not imported, that is supposed to fix this issue, but I didn't have any luck with this solution either.

carsten_ziemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there a solution for this problem. We get the same error in one of our Demo Systems and i think its a bug????

Best regards

Carsten

harald_schuller2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Carsten,

it's a bug, should be fixed with patch 5

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

I am facing the same issue, there there any ADAPT number when you log the case?

As I want to review the Patch 2.5.

thanks

harald_schuller2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

ADAPT01718732 log the case.

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have got missing prompt values. Could you run a trace for DSL bridge and Bex query service  along with CRPS.

harald_schuller2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, i miss prompt values. BICS is sending with function BICS_PROV_GET_MEMBERS all values to BO 4.1 and CR but they will not be displayed eaven at least one.

No promt values are displayed when more than 9 values are transfered from BICS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe there was some issue with prompt value limits in 4.1

Let us know your Service pack and patch version

harald_schuller2
Explorer
0 Kudos

BO 4.1 SP02 Patch 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be great to find out the behavior to appear by running an end to end trace.

Refer

and

let us know your findings if possible.

harald_schuller2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

014 02 25 15:31:11:280 ==   Information   (.\rasprocUtil.cpp:1185) ras21-cr: ExtractPromptsInfo(): Adding prompt to promptable array: <m_promptName:ZGEPPRI3><m_subrptName:><m_promptType:0><m_bPromptByIndex:0><m_index:0><m_values:> crcache_myserver.CrystalReportsCacheServer 

014 02 25 15:31:11:280 ==   Information   (.\rasprocUtil.cpp:1155) ras21-cr: ExtractPromptsInfo(): CurrentValues found: 0 crcache_myserver.CrystalReportsCacheServer 

(.\rasprocUtil.cpp:1185) ras21-cr: ExtractPromptsInfo(): Adding prompt to promptable array: <m_promptName:ZGAJSVMIR><m_subrptName:><m_promptType:0><m_bPromptByIndex:0><m_index:0><m_values:>

Prompt ZGEPPRI3 will not be shown.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Have you tried to recreate the report? Also is this issue occurring in Crystal designer as well.

We might need the expertise of crystal report design experts. You can move your thread to the crystal reports forums.

harald_schuller2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just found a error in the logs:

Text assert failure: (.\rasprocUtil.cpp:3408). (false : Unable to get list of values parameters from req msg).

harald_schuller2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Already recreated the report with the same result. In designer it works fine, all values are shown.