cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM and XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I wish to know if the installation of SAP SRM necessist the installation of SAP XI? if not, how can we makes to interface SAP R/3 with SAP SRM?

in advance thank you .

Said

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Said ,

You do not need XI to intall/run the basic SRM.

You only need XI if you are going to implement SUS...live auction, bidding, etc.

Naing

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u Naing,

but how can we link SAP R/3 ans SRM? using RFC link ?

cordialy

Said

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Said,

ERP(R/3) and SRM talks via RFC and IDoc. XI is used for SUS, external supplier system and Catalog integration.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Said,

As Masa mentioned all the basic communication between SRM and R/3 are done RFC (BAPIs) and IDOCs. My "basic" I mean..

1) RFC/BAPI are used to send data from SRM to R/3 to created the backend documents (PR, PO)

Depending on you configuration (Classic, or Entended), when the SC is fully approved, a BAPI is called to create the PR or PO in R/3

2) RFC/BAPI are used to get infoirmation back for R/3. Liek the ststua of the follow on document fro mR/3 in SRM. The BBP_GET STATUS2 program does this.

3) RFC/BAPI are used to replicate Vendors (BPPGETVD) and to sync. the Vnedors withte R/3.

4) ....the are several other thins RFC/BAPI are used toexchange data betwween SRM and R/3.

To answer you question: we link SAP R/3 ans SRM? using RFC link ?

This is done via configuration...i.e setting up RFC definations, logical connections, define backend system for follow-on documents, and Product Catagoried for backend systems. I don't have the locatoin of the SAP documentatoin on how to do tis...but I'll send it to you ASAP.

BTW...the RFC defiantions and logical connections are usually done by the Basis people.

My recommendation...after you get the RFC definations, logical connections etc. set-up, and you want to test creaton of follow=on documents from a SC...start with the one-step WF, keep the starting condition of the SC simple and keep you SC simple (i.e one item).

Naing

PS. You are welcome to e-mail me @ naing_zawtun@hotmail.com if you have any questions.

As Red Green (TV caharacter) says.."I am pulling for you...we are all in this together"

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u Naing Zaw-Tun

Answers (0)