Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No of unit to be inspected in result recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert ,

I have activated QM in procurement .

I have material , which is managed in batches , for which GR inspection to be carried out .

As it is a batch managed material , a single GR line item is split as per batch qty & inspection lot for every batch is created .

My problem is that , I want the batch qty to default in "Inspect"  field of result recording .

I don't need single " Single Result " & i want the result recording to be summarized . hence I have used "Summ .recording ".

Also I have used " Fixed scope"

Can anyone please suggest how this can be done .

Regards ,

Lakeer Bhatt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

I figured out the reason . The material with base uom having decimals , will always default 1 as sample qty .

I was using two diff units , namely M & EA .

Whenever I used EA as base uom & M as alternate unit , my sample qty was equal to lot qty .

Whenever I did the vice versa , the sample qty was always 1 .

SAP note 213505 explains it all  & also provides the solution .

Issue is resolved .

Thanks all for the support

Regards ,

Lakeer

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello lakeer,

Its good to see you have got the solution yourself.

You have marked my answer as correct.

But i suggest you to mark your last reply as Correct answer considering it has solved query.

It benefits other users to jump onto exact reason for the query.

Amol.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lakeer,

Use Sampling procedure with 100% inspection Sampling type.

second option would be not using sampling procedure at all so you will get Inspection lot size as sample size.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol ,

I have not used any sampling procedure . Also i don't want to use it

Still the inspection qty is appearing by default as 1 .

When i check the characteristics single screen ( magnifying class icon ) in result recording , the

"Specs : Fixed Insp scope " appears as :

Inspect  1*1.00 M

Here i want <lot qty > * 1.00 M

Please suggest what settings do i need to make .

Regards

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi lakeer,

In your case inspection lot quantity must be equal to Sample size and ideally it should reflect in "inspect".

Can you check system behavior for other materials?

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol ,

I created a new  material , but still getting 1 as "inspect "... can u tell me any check to be done for the inspection plan ?

Note : I assigned the same inspection plan for the new article .

Regards ,

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you need lot size value in the field 'Inspect'', you would need to use Sampling procedure.

Not using SP would give you sample size equal to inspection lot size as Amol has already suggested, but for getting similar values in Inspect, Sampling procedure would be needed.

Create a SP with percentage sampling and put 100% into that. Assign this SP to your MICs and thus inspection plan.

Now, either create a new inspection lot or reset any existing inspection lot and you would see the sample size value in the Inspect for the MICs.

ntn

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin and Lakeer,

I think Nitin has answered your Question. Got the results as Nitin has written in his last post. If sampling procedure is not used system shows 1 in "Inspect".  (Don't know the exact reason ).

Come up with your observations too.

I have not used any sampling procedure . Also i don't want to use it

But as you do not want Sampling procedure, and in case using sampling procedure is the only solution, I would suggest you to Maintain Sampling procedure in "plant dependent QM settings".

This sampling procedure does not apply, however, in the case of inspections with inspection points.

Or

Apply sampling procedure to an Inspection type

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol ,

I created a new inspection plan from scratch through tcode QP01.

I did not use any sampling procedure .

I was able to default the actual inspection lot qty in "inspect".

However ,there is a difference in the process of creating inspection plan .

Earlier I had created a reference operation set through tcode QP11 & while creating an inspection plan in QP01 for a material i used this reference operation set .It didnt work.

Now I directly created the  plan for the material through QP01 .It worked

I am still unable to find out the reason as in why it worked now & why didnt it work earlier .

Your inputs would be very helpful.

Regards

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakeer,

Reference operation set is used for rework operations in production where there this is created without reference to any material. You need to use QP01 inspection for material with reference to material in your case. May be this is the reason for the issue you faced.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lakeer,

I dont think reference operation set will have any impact on Sample size to be inspected.

Kindly check MICs (ALL) used in both task lists. Check the difference in control indicators.

specially "Optional Characteristic" indicator. This can be one of the reason 1 sample size is displayed in "inspect".

Amol.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please share the settings you maintained by which you were able to get the sample size value in the 'Inspect' without using any sampling procedure ?

ntn