cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy structure or RFC structure ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are currently working on a transformation project where there are couple of requirements to have We Service/FTP <-> ABAP Proxy interfaces.

We have the XSD with us from the 3rd party. My query is, in transformation projects for Server proxy, should we use the XSD structure for server proxy and and write the processing logic in the proxy method or should we go for using an RFC structure created in SAP and call the RFC from the proxy methode.

As this is a common scenario, please share the challenges in implementing proxy structure and RFC structure.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Just to make everyone clear of the issue, my query is to understand which approach is better among calling Function module from the server proxy using ESR structure in the server proxy or exposing the RFC and using the RFC structure directly in ESR.

In both the cases we are using Proxy call to SAP but want to understand which would be more efficient in terms of re usability and robust.

Thanks.

Ashish

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

proxy will be better approach to call fm.

in terms of usability what you are looking for?

you can create separate class/method/function module and call the proxy class from there. So you can reuse those methods for different proxys.

regards,

harish

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I agree with Hareesh, proxy are better in performance.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went through the below blog for more information, 

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0e7ae66-be6d-2a10-d385-92e6e67de...

but want to understand if there is any advantage in either of the approaches in PO single stack system.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would prefer the proxy communication..

incase you are on dual stack where Integrated configuration are not possible proxies are good in terms of performance as it bypass AE.

Incase of single stack still i prefer proxy(using soap adapter -XI3.0) as proxies can handle good amount of load compare to RFC.

Proxies are always easy to handle

ankit_srivastava3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

If I understand your question clearly - As this is a transformation case and as you have mentioned that RFC is already created in SAP, I would suggest to go ahead with Server proxy and calling RFC from within.

Advantages:

1. Reuse of already tested RFC.

2. Considerable reduction in development time and effort (Considering there are many such transformation cases as per your description)

3. Better performance.

4. Data format validation can be moved from PI to ECC default proxy calling/handling depending on your scenario.

Regards,

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>should we use the XSD structure for server proxy and and write the processing logic in the proxy method

There are two advantages of using proxy - Better in performance + Better monitoring in respect to RFCs.

Now coming to ur question, since u already have RFC which can perform ur required functionality so u can call that RFC inside ur proxy method no need to write code from scratch.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava