cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Infrastructure acquisition requirements/limitations?

jeffrey_dsilva
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello!

A partner prospect would like to know the following:

• If he is based in the US, must he acquire the hardware infrastructure from US-based providers or can he acquire it from other countries (i.e. India)
  • Can he "build" his own infrastructure or do licensing/contract agreements require that he acquire the hardware infrastructure from certified hardware partners (i.e. http://www.sap.com/pc/tech/in-memory-computing-hana/partners.html)

Thanks!

Jeffrey D'SIlva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeffrey

This is always an interesting question, we have from our customers as well.

In response:

• If he is based in the US, must he acquire the hardware infrastructure from US-based providers or can he acquire it from other countries (i.e. India)

Generally one should purchase the hardware from the SAP HANA certified hardware partners (Fujitsu, HP, IBM, Dell, Cisco, etc...) via the sales channels of the customer's preferred hardware partner in the country that the customer operates in. These sales channels assist with the "paperwork" in terms of customs documentation regarding import/export of computer hardware/software, shipping arrangements, and local support, etc...

• Can he "build" his own infrastructure or do licensing/contract agreements require that he acquire the hardware infrastructure from certified hardware partners

Yes, the customer can build their own infrastructure, using the Tailored Data Center Integration (TDCi) approach, where they can buy the hardware from the SAP HANA certified hardware partners and perform the installation and setup of the system. Here one has to evaluate the risks and benefits of such an approach.

More information is available at www.saphana.com. Do a search for "tailored data center integration" and a list of relevant documents will be displayed which will help to clarify and explain this approach further.

Regards

Derek

jeffrey_dsilva
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

Thanks a lot!

Jeffrey

Answers (0)