Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login-language control by user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Security gurus,

In my SAP environment, 2 login languages are installed which are "EN" and "JA"(Japanese).

But, I wants to control the login language by such way.

- For Finance department users: User can select whether to login by "EN" or "JA"

- For non-Finance department users: User can login only by "EN".

Is it possible?

This is not about "Default login-language".

Yoshi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is one of the strangest requirements I've ever heard. Why would you prevent a language to a group of users?

It's not possible. A user can select a language on logon screen. At that moment a user is not logged in so you don't know user's department. For SAP GUI connection there is a well known user exit that is executed after user logs into system. So you could check the language there and raise an error message if a user selected "invalid" language.

Cheers

1 REPLY 1

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is one of the strangest requirements I've ever heard. Why would you prevent a language to a group of users?

It's not possible. A user can select a language on logon screen. At that moment a user is not logged in so you don't know user's department. For SAP GUI connection there is a well known user exit that is executed after user logs into system. So you could check the language there and raise an error message if a user selected "invalid" language.

Cheers