cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC: Edit Description on Item Overview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to make the description field editable in the item overview screen (We can edit other fields like quantity, UoM, etc). I know by going to item details the description can be edited. The reason for this request is, it would make it easier when requester is creating the shopping cart by copy past from excel if needed. [From my understanding, I do not believe we have fast change functionality in SRM as we do in ECC with POs]

Thanks,

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ashwin,

if you are using the wizard screen to create SC I think you have to implement an enhancement in order to change the field description properties.

In the other hand if you use professional view the system allows you to copy paste in the description field, but the problem is that after the page is reloaded you wont be able to change the description field as in wizard view.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

We are using wizard to create SC. Can you please tell me where the enhancment is to be done. I am not sure if this needs to be done in webdynpro component [/SAPSRM/WDC_UI_SC_DOTC_BD, view V_SC_DOTC_BASIC] or using metadata.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashwin,

I think you have to enhance WD /SAPSRM/WDC_UI_SC_DOTC_BD.

The problem is that the field ITEMS_TABLE_DESCRIPTION_LINK_L which is the description field is not a input text field.

I think you can add a custom field as input text and copy the material description when the SC is saved.

I dont think you can do it for SC items with material code but yes for free text.

Regards,

Martin

Answers (0)