cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this BOM in sales order possible in sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. In the Sales Order Material BOM, is it possible to make the value of the Main-item cascade to the sub-items by scales OR make the values of the sub-items to sum up as the Main-item value?

2. In the Sales Order Material BOM, the sub-items value add-up with the Main-item value in the Document Header Net Value; that is, if the Main-item value is USD200 and the sub-items are USD100, USD60, USD40 respectively, the document header Net Value becomes USD400 instead of USD200 from only the Main-item. How do I resolve this issue.

Your expert guide will be appreciated.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

1. For cumulating sub components value to main item, you have to use condition type KUMU in the pricing procedure which will get the cost of all sub items to Main items. you can refer to TAQ and TAE item categories on how to control pricing at Header item and sub components. By introducing KUMU in the pricing procedure you can accomplish your requirement

2. For your second question check the item category of sub components ( for example TAE) which has to be set as No Pricing ,  by doing this the Net value of sub components will not be calculated

hope it solves your questions

try and revert with your feedback

regards,

santosh

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Patric plz look at this link

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Patrick,

You have identified the issue with point 2 (and the example)!

Either you can have pricing at the Main item or Sub item level, not at both levels. Thus choose to deactivate pricing in any one of the two levels.

If pricing is activated at sub item level, then taking your example -

the sub-items are USD100, USD60, USD40 respectively,

the Main-item value is USD 0 (actually pricing is deactivated)

the document header Net Value becomes USD200

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Santosh, Typewriter and Venu for your guide, I have tested it. But there is still an issue with this satisfying my clients requirement. The Sub-Items Value are not being posted to FI when the Invoice is released to FI. My client wants this to be possible.

Regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Patrick,

What is the error (message no. and description)? Paste the screenshot of it too.

Patrick's post in http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/sd/blog/2013/09/06/different-business-scenarios-and-sales-bom-techn...

I am currently faced with a bit different scenario of BOM in Sales Order. In this case, my client wants that when the Invoice is released to FI, only the Values for the Sub-Items should post to their Revenue Accounts and their respective Profit Centers while the Value at the Main-Item will only be statistical for Printout. That is if you have Sub-Item "A" (Revenue Account 40000001) with value $100, "B" (Revenue Account 40000002) with value $70, "C" (Revenue Account 40000003) with $30. So when invoice is released to FI, these values will go to their respective Revenue Account and Profit Centers while the Main-item ZZ will only be statistical for printout.

How can this be achieved?

As you know, account determination functionality takes care of this requirement.

The main item has statistical values in the invoice, thus this shall not flow from invoice to accounting document.

For subitems, the values (price) are not-statistical, with account determination configuration (like pricing) and VKOA condition records, the material A can be posted to Revenue account 4*01 etc.

Added: In account determination settings - look in to Material account assignment group (configuration) & in material master data, Sales org 2 view.

This shall help to differentiate A, B and C; and to post amounts to different G/L accounts.

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - added in blue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Typewriter, but still another issue: IN the Contract the BOM Main-item is structured not to explode but should explode when it is been copied into a Sales Order. I tried this out but when I copied the BOM item from the Contract to a Sales Order is not exploding.

Please can you guide me on how to make this work?

Regards,

Patrick

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Patrick,

Why do you not explode the BOM in contract? Any special reason by the client?

To explode the BOM in sales order, check copy control VTAA, item level, field Reexplode structure / free goods. Activate this field and then test by creating - Contract > Sales order, check if in the sales order both main and sub item populate.