cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in ECC client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our PI system is connected to ECC-100 system. Now with the change, ECC client is changing to 200.

What are the steps in PI 7.1, we would need to adjust to change in client ( disconnect from 100 & connect to 200)

We have, RFC, IDOC & proxy connection to ECC ( inbound and outbound)

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  - It'll be like new ECC system

Create systems in SLD for client 200(only the business system- you can use the same technical system)

SXMB_ADM configuration for proxy in ECC system

Port/partner profile/logical system etc in ECC - IDOC

RFC destination - ECC & PI

For RFC
you can configure the channels directly . This saves lot of time

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since u are connecting same PI system with another ECC client so u have to adjust ur config manually (like changing parameters in receiver idoc/proxy channel + using BS for client 200 in ur ID config + creating BS in SLD).

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Sorry to open this again. I was thinking a way to avoid the re-work of configuring all the objects again.

We are copying ECC & PI from our production server to build a new QA. With this not only ECC client is changing but also PI-QA will be overwritten with PI-PRD. In short we are dismantling/disregarding our current QA ( ECC & PI system) and building a new QA system with copy of Prod ( PI & ECC)

Having this when i get the PI, all the channels & configuration are pointing to PRD. To change this , i am planning like this

(1) Export the objects from IR & ID from prod ( all of them)

(2) Create a transport group ( temporary) like  PI Prod PI QA. Not sure if this is possible though

(3) Import the content. With this BS will be automatically changed to ECC PRD to ECC QA

(4) i will reconfigure what is left over ( third party) etc..

This is like creating new system. Instead of Dev to QA, i am planing to do PRD to QA.

Can you advice if this is correct procedure.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the process is correct but you need to update the prod and QA sld (point QA as target for prod in prod and QA SLD). Which might be difficult with running Prod env.

and you need to reconfigure all the comm channel (even FTP, MQ, SOAP etc), which might have more effort then changing the config in QA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. So considering that PI-QA will be overwritten by PI-PROD, what would be the best strategy in terms of minimum down time & efforts.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - most important thing is do not  go for online copy i.e. when you copy the production system make sure that all the channels are in stopped state.

If you don't do that, as soon as you restore your QA system the channels wil be started automatically and production data flows through QA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IMO- It would be better to do the copy from Non-prod to QA considering the risks involved , i understand that there will be lots of unused/Test objects in Dev but  just to be on safer side .

Also you can manage XI content by TPZ exports from prod to QA and  you can do that in controlled way .. like when you are copying sender channel , you can first deactivate and make a TPZ and then activate again in prod.

System copy does copy IDand IR content also  , by importing tpz i meant to say that if you want specific prod objects you can overwrite in a controlled way by using TPZ

Message was edited by: Srinivas Karnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again. What would happen to SLD once this copied from prod. Do we need to make changes there as well . I know we need to create new BS etc.. but anything other then this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IMO - You have to import/create sld entries for ECC200 and also create the new Destinations in SM59 . Import the Bsystem  in ID and reconfigure scenarios.

for receiver ECC scenario you can edit the destination to point to ECC200.

Regards

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harresh & Srini for quick response.

These are the changes in ECC and PI ABAP stack. When i am in Integration builder, i see all the configuration done under BS100. Now with the new BS200, how do we make sure that all the configuration are under BS200.

I know when we do transport we defined the transport path. Here we are not doing anything on PI other then doing SLD & RFC.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - You have to run the confgurations again for all your interfaces to connect to BS200.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IMO .. you will have to do where used list for BS100 and change the scenarios manually to point to BS200 instead of BS100. In SLD add the all swcv's (those which were configured for BS100) to BS200 so that the interface names will be displayed during configuration .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Again. You mean create the configuration again in all 120+ interface that we have?

The changes would be to remove everything & recreate as the CS or any scenarios does not allow change in sender/receiver system.

Can you confirm, if my understanding is correct and is there any shorter way.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do not want to change the scenario, then point your business system in SLD to client 200, clear the SLD cache in ID and reactiavate the business system.

In this way you do not need to update configuration. But you need to create new RFC destination and update the channel for client 200.

regards,

Harish

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SLD

Define the business system for your new client ECC200, don't forget to mention the logical system name.

In ID you should change RFC / IDOC / Proxy communication channels based.

import the new business system ECC200 in id

1) just copy the communication channel which you already defined for ECC100, select the business system ECC200.

2) we should change receiver determination / interface determination / sender and receiver aggrements, based on the business system.

check your configuration by using test configuration in ID after defining.

In ECC you should create

1) RFC destination - sm 59 type 3  pointing to PI

2) port - we21

3) partner profiles - we20

4) logical systems - BD54/ Sale and assign logical systems for the client.

5) Distribution model - Bd64

For RFC based scenarios

define type T connection and register the program id in gateway.

give the same program id in RFC communication channels.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

will you ever be conncting to ECC100 again? If not you can follow the approach mentioned by harish.

If you need the configuration for ECC100 as well? I don't think you need to delete the objects.

for the interfaces where ECC is receiver - Just add ECC200 in the receiver determination and create ID,RA objects. Channel can be copied

for the interfaces where ECC is sender - create a sender agreement and RD