cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFM Error – Assigning Portfolio Item to Project Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running into some issues when trying to map portfolio items and project. What I am trying to do is fairly standard.

Portfolio Item is mapped to Project

Portfolio Item DP is mapped to Project Phase (5 DP's to 5 Phases, 1:1 mapping)

I have done the above mapping in IMG Map Item Type to Project or PS.

When I create the item and select the template, the project is created. If I go to relationships --> related items, I can see the project is mapped, however, the subobjects (DP to Phase) are not mapped as defined in the config.

If I navigate to the project and look at the portfolio data tab at project definition level I see nothing. If I manually try to do the mapping, I get the error "Target object is already assigned or foreseen to be assigned to 100000000000000000002014". I've not really seen this error before.

The config for DFM (Common Functions) such as Define DFM Object Link Types is standard SAP, I have not made any changes.

Appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Lashan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lashan

Have you checked your object link configuration again? Check under Decision Flow Management Settings --> Define Object link types and ensure that all neccesary logical systems have been maintained correctly.

Also check thread   --> This just to make sure that you have done all relevant mappings correctly

Please let me know

Regards

Chatsworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Chatsworth. What I noticed is that if I maintain a logical system for the following DFM object link types, nothing works. The project does not get created at all. I have the RFC destination as NONE and blank logical system.

0INMCPROJECTProject (Proj. Mgmt)
0INMCPROPHASEPhase (Proj. Mgmt)
0INMITEMItem
0INMITEMDPItem Decision Point

My understanding is that if everything is in the same system/client, the logical system name should be blank, right? Or am I mistaken on this point? As part of a previous roll-out a few years ago somebody (not me) had messed around with the standard config, but I did restore from client 000, so I think the config is correct.

I also went through the thread. We are not planning on using item templates, but I got a dump when I tried testing with item templates. I think that error is unrelated, so I will try to get the issue resolved and check if item templates --> project templates will work.

Thanks,

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan

I have in my settings maintained Logical System for all those object types you mentioned (in fact I have maintained it for all) - the destinations however I have left as NONE wherever SAP standard settings defaulted these as NONE.

I have also set under Base System Interfaces --> Application Object Settings --> Define Object Link Types the mentioned Object Link types with the relevant Logical System and Destination

To be honest I am never sure when to set the Logical System name - It is always a case of testing and checking and re-setting values until I get it to work. Mine all works

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

It turned out to be related to a custom development that was done sometime ago. We deleted the custom entries in the object link tables and the issue appears to be resolved.

Thanks for your input on this.

Regards,

Lashan