Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Request creation with SOLAR01 issue

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an issue when creating Change Transactions with reference to a Project Structure.

When I start the creation from transaction SOLAR01, on the tab Service Messages, and I create a new "Change Transaction" (of transaction type YMCR, a copy of SMCR), everything goes fine. My ticket gets created, and when I double-click it, I get into the WebUI on that ticket.

But the problem is when I do this the other way around. When I create a Request for Change in the WebUI, and I assign a project and project node to it,

it DOES appear at the correct location in SOLAR01. However, it appears with type "BMIS - Message". And that causes that when I click the ticket, it opens a url which thinks this ticket is an incident, which is completely wrong and un-editable (the button "display message" also goes to a screen with nothing in it):

And the strangest part is, when I try to create a message of type BMIS, the transaction types SMCR and YMCR are not even available there. So I really wonder how / why SolMan determines the message type BMIS, and if there is any place where this behaviour can be changed.

I would be very grateful if anyone can help me with this!

Kind regards,

Joyca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

I have noticed this behavior same as you and also had a speach with SAP Max Attantion guys.

This not work till SP 10.

Also as workaround you may try to use

for BMIS its working and I even checked this,

There is 2 BSP applications one for Incidents other for RfC's

I checked them both and found that in Incidents BSP this getting filled but for RfC there is no Code... its just lack of code.

Rg Dan

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip Daniyar,

I will certainly check this out with a more technical person!

Kind regards,

Joyca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

Let us know after investigation.

Thank you.

Daniyar.

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar,

We investigated this a bit with a technical person, and he advised to log a ticket at SAP for it.

The answer in the ticket was to implement the following note:

"1984496 - Add project/solution structure to service messages in SOLAR01 and SOLMAN_DIRECTORY do not work properly."

I did so and this note solves the issue!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

Thank you very much for answer!

The SAP NOTE is fresh

They made pilot note for you ?

Rg Dan

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

This SAP Note was not made specially for me.

I did search on Notes before creating the SAP ticket, and did not find anything, and then some time went by before I actually created the SAP ticket, and when I look at the version history of the SAP Note apparently the note was created during that period that I waited to create the ticket And I did not check for notes again the day I created the SAP ticket.

So it was actually a matter of some days during which I just missed this new SAP Note's creation, apparently someone else was at about the same time logging this issue as well

Kr,

Joyca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

Well you are lucky one

I just wanted to mention that my information gived before was true and now we have this nice SAP NOTE

Thanks again for update!

For SM7.1 SP10 this is Actual too! ( i have checked )

Cheers Daniyar

Answers (0)