cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to DEBUG SIS formula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone help on how to DEBUG SIS formula. I have added a new formula for udpating S909 Info Structure, but the udpate is not working.  I would like to DEBUG to see why, but having tried at various points, I still cannot get the DEBUG to work.  Can anyone help, this is very frustrating!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Are you sure that update is actually triggered? Maybe there is something wrong with the configuration and the structure doesn't get updated in the first place?

2) Check what type of update the structure has in OMO1. If it's asynchronous then it would run in its own process and might be tricky to debug (google "update debugging site:sap.com"). Make sure you have update debugging turned on.

3) There is also an old trick with inserting an endless loop in ABAP and then jumping into the code through SM50/SM51 but personally I had little success with that, so YMMV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

SIS / LIS which you debug it will be diffcult. Because the update to LIS info structures happens via Event workflow which you can see queue in Tcode SMQS --> selected the clinet with the TRFC monitor.Else you can follow the SM5) /SM51 route which Jelena suggested.

For debugging the formula or Requirement routines under the LIS/SIS. Place you debug point and Simulate the update this will get you to the debugging point.

Example.

Place the Brekpoint the formaula routine

Follow the menu in IMG --> Logistics general --> LIS --> Logistcis Data warehosue --> Udpating --> update control --> udpate check --> Simulate the update

here select the corresponding module of your LIS

now enter the desire document

Enter Debugging should be triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thank you for your reply, it has really helped, I can now simulate and try some other coding.  What it did tell me was that my code in the Custom routine was actually correct, but I need to find an alternative way to update what I want to.

thanks again

Linda

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

These formulas work as a VOFM. Run RV80HGEN.

Please, see these notes

Note 327220 - VOFM function and its objects

Note 174141 - SIS: Collective note - Customizing

Note 204130 - SIS update: Collective note

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo