cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sustainability Index | Metals and Plastics Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unclear on how to respond to KPI 6 under the Metals and Plastics Category in the Sustainability Index. The answers appear to contain a type, as answer (C) states: "In addition to (C), we track and publicly disclose the use of recycled plastics in our products....". Furthermore, option B appears to more sophisticated and difficult to achieve than Option C. The company which I represent, for instance, feels it can satisfy C but not B. Typically, the answers to these KPIs become more challenging as you progress through the alphabet.

Were B and C switched? Is there a typo in answer C? Have other companies reported difficulties in responding this KPI?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caitlin -

Thank you for your question, and patience with the delayed response.

Looking at the KPI response options, it does not appear that B and C were switched, but there is a typo in response option C. It should read "In addition to (B),..."

We felt that C did follow B, because one the three clauses required for public disclosure is the programs that an organization participates in. Without meeting B first, the requirements in response option C cannot be met. So far, you are the first to report issues with this question.

Thank you again for your question - I hope this addresses your issue. Please feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or requests for clarifications.

Best regards -

Carole Mars

Research Manager, Manufactured & Formulated Goods

The Sustainability Consortium

Answers (0)