cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp = rdisp/wp_no_dia ??

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a central instance upon which I don't want I don't want any RFC processes to run (I have 2 dialog/idoc servers and 2 backround job servers).  Currently I have rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp set to 1 less than rdisp/wp_no_dia and I have a spawned process that is dumping because the buffers are not setup for dialog processing.  The only way I know how to prevent this is to set rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp = rdisp/wp_no_dia.  The problem is that RZ11 does not allow this setting and if I make the change via profile parameters the Solution Manager EWA throws an error.  Is this a "legal" configuration?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Private_Member_12188
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have you considered doing this via RFC and logon groups?  This will require you to use a load balanced connection for your RFC connection.  Even if it's not a HA setup, you can still create the logon group for the RFC.

In SMLG change your logon groups to have the Ext. RFC-enabled box checked.
In RZ12 create a RFC group with the app servers you want to use for RFC processing.

In your RFC connection change the connection settings to use the RFC group.

This should limit the RFC connections to whichever servers are in the RFC group.

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have some pondering to do, thank you for your help.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

set the parameter rdisp/rfc_max_own_used_wp to minimize the dialog work process usage

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So you are suggesting setting rdisp/rfc_max_own_used_wp =0?  In RZ11 that is invalid value.

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As a user almost always need to do implicit RFC calls (compile source, SAP standard program doing function call to the local system...) setting that parameter to 0 could bock the user.

Setting rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp = rdisp/wp_no_dia will lead to the same problem, at least on that server, but SAP has perhaps set some security rules based on that fact that all SAP systems are not running with multiple instances.

Why do you want to disable RFC login on that instance ?

Have you tried playing with RFC logon groups in RZ12 ?

Regards

74141 - Resource Management for tRFC and aRFC

rdisp/rfc_max_own_used_wp = 100

Quota for the number of dialog work processes that the user at the same time. If this value is exceeded, no further resources are returned to the callers, as the server should be protect from overload.

The value is specified as a percentage, that is, it depends on the current value set in the profile.

Note: This parameter is only effective in dialog operation. If the report runs in background processing or in update, it is ignored.

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have other servers on whcih to run dialog/rfcs/background jobs, I want the CI to act strictly as a CI.

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending on architecture CI (that is now an obsolete concept : http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2012/05/22/whats-new-in-sap-netweaver-73--...)

specific components/usage are

- Message server

- Enqueue process

These components are critical (SPOF) but they do not consume that much of resources.

Why would you like to have CI strictly acting as a CI ?

Is it to be able to run it on a small(er) server ?

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have some pondering to do, thank you for your help.