cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correlation Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I need to implement a BPM scenario where I need to pick up a PAYEXT message from the File Communication channel and need to wait for the <b>IDCREF01</b> IDoc before sending the <b>PAYEXT</b> message out of XI.

I know that I have to use correlation to implement this scenario in BPM. I'm created a correlation on the <b>PAYRUNID </b>on the PAYEXT and the IDCREF01 idocs. Can some one tell me how to implement this. I appreciate any help.

Can you please direct me towards some examples for similar scenarios??

Thanks.

Message was edited by:

Balu Yalamanchili

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Balu,

Considering that you will receive both the file and Idoc in XI independently...and you don't know the order in which they will be sent...

Then keep a fork step...with 2 branches..and the receive steps for file and idoc in each branch.. Both receive steps will be Start process checked and both should activate and use the correlation.... The necessary branch for fork should be 2...

Regards,

Himadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Himadri,

Thanks for the reply. But how does BPM know when to complete the process? Basically the PAYEXT should be sent out only after the IDCREF01 has been received.

Thanks.

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

That you activated and used the correlation and made the fork step necessary branches 2 .. it will ensure that the fork step is complete only after successfully receipt of both the messages for the same process instance ie. matching the correlation id.

So just after fork keep the send step. your BPM development is complete ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there any similar scenario/example in the forum that I can look at?

Thanks.

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just ignore the bundling part (Transformation Step) in the given scenario:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/0e/56373f7853494fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Answers (0)