Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initiate to start the event of BW process chain

monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, 

Whenever a CSV file is placed in AL11 path we need to run the event of BW process chain to upload the data.

Note: Without scheduling the communication channel like poll intervals for 30secs like that, once the file has been placed in AL11 path only it should run the process chain and also without using ABAP program to schedule.

Why because if we schedule the program for every 30secs or with the communication channel like poll intervals ,even if there is no CSV file in AL11 path also the full cycle will happening at that time it will affect the system.

Is there any possible way to achieve this in PI 7.1?

Best Regards,

Monikandan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monikandan - If i understand correctly PI channel is placing the file on AL11 and a BW process has to upload the data into the system.

Isn't it possible for you to modify the BW programe to not to execute full cycle if the file is not present?

Once the file is placed on AL11, PI has no control over it.

monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Hareesh,

>>Once the file is placed on AL11, PI has no control over it.

Kindly explain clearly.

Best Regards,

Monikandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

Could you please be clear on the requirement like,

1.In which system of AL11 you are placing your CSV file.

2. Do you have any job for BW process or are you running manually,

If I am correct that when ever the com channel starts to poll the files on a folder (eg:AL11) PI can not stop or restrict the polling to read or pickup the partial files.

You can workaround it by triggering a job to place the CSV files on AL11,Then com channel will try to poll according to the configurations you have maintained.

Regards

Raj

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monikandan - You haven't confirm if my understanding was correct.

It's not clear in the question whether PI is picking the files or placing the files. i thought PI is placing the files but you have mentioned something about polling intervel which is not applicable for receiver adapters..

However what i meant was, once the file has been placed on AL11 directory the message processing ends..(the only option we have is we can executing os commands)

I'm not sure if you would like to write a batch file which will call the ABAP program and excute that batch file from PI channel

I would rather prefer adjusting my ABAP program to execute the full cycle only when the file is available but not always..

monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

My requirement is to pick the CSV file from AL11 path through PI only when the file present in AL11 and initiate to start the BW process chain without scheduling the job through ABAP program.

So what I did is I will pass one dummy variant that has been placed in FTP as in CSV file then to RFC.

[For ex:]

I will pass a variant value as ‘S’ from FTP to RFC for every 1 min as poll intervals in PI to initiate to start the BW process chain to upload the data.

The problem is every 1 min the interface will happen and pass the value to RFC as ‘S’ to initiate the process chain, At that time the user id from this RFC struck in the queue while the data is not present also its happening.

To avoid that I need to process whenever the data is in AL11 as CSV file will start the process.

How it is possible any way to achieve this. Kindly guide.

Best Regards,

Monikandan.

monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Hareesh,

My requirement is to pick the CSV file from AL11 path through PI only when the file present in AL11 and initiate to start the BW process chain without scheduling the job through ABAP program.

So what I did is I will pass one dummy variant that has been placed in FTP as in CSV file then to RFC.

[For ex:]

I will pass a variant value as ‘S’ from FTP to RFC for every 1 min as poll intervals in PI to initiate to start the BW process chain to upload the data.

The problem is every 1 min the interface will happen and pass the value to RFC as ‘S’ to initiate the process chain, At that time the user id from this RFC struck in the queue while the data is not present also its happening.

To avoid that I need to process whenever the data is in AL11 as CSV file will start the process.

How it is possible any way to achieve this. Kindly guide.

Best Regards,

Monikandan.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monikandan - To be frank i'm still not clear with the requirement

My requirement is to pick the CSV file from AL11 path through PI only when the file present in AL11 and initiate to start the BW process chain

How are you invokinng the process chain from PI? through RFC adapter?

If so then it is a simple file->RFC scenario right? and your file channel only picks if there is a file available on AL11.

But again i was confused when you say - "I will pass a variant value as ‘S’ from FTP to RFC for every 1 min as poll intervals in PI to initiate to start the BW process chain to upload the data"

what is the scenario -

File -> RFC ?

monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Hareesh,

Now you will get clear,

Process 1:

CSV file is taken from mailattachment and placed in AL11 path,so the scenerio will be Mail->PI->AL11.

Process 2:

Now we need to initiate the BW process chain to upload the data without scheduling the Job of ABAP program.

So to initiate BW process chain i did File->PI->RFC by passing a dummy value as 'S' from file to RFC for every 1min to run the ABAP program to start the BW process chain.

But the issue is every 1min the File to RFC interface will running,at that time it will run the ABAP program to initiate the process chain,even if the file is not present also.Then it will struck in queue and affect the system performanace too.

To avoid this i need to process whenever file present in AL11 path will initiate to start the BW process chain.

Is there possible way to achieve this let me know.

Hope you clear now.

Best Regards,

Monikandan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Monikandan ,

Why dont you change your second interface from File -PI-RFC to File-PI-Proxy.

The proxy will run only when on efile is there. In the proxy code you can use the FM BP_EVENT_RAISE to raise an event to start your process chain.

For using Proxy you cna use the XI adapter.

Thanks