Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Regarding Support Package and Patch levels

vishal1889
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Currently we are using SAP PI 7.1 EHP1, and there has been a recommendation to implement some OSS notes which refer to different Support Package and patch levels upgrade and this has led to some confusions in my mind and needs clarifications on that.

My PI system is on SP08 and patch level 0 but when I checked different Software components in NWA's components info I found that SP level is 08 but different components shows different patch levels.

NameReleaseSupport PackPatch level
ENGINEAPI7.1 Ehp 1815
SAP_XIAF7.1 Ehp 183
FRAMEWORK7.1 Ehp 1814
SAP-XIAFC7.1 Ehp 180

Below are the list of queries which I have:

1) Does patch level corresponds to a complete support pack or different components can be on separate patch levels?

2) What is the highest version of Support pack available for SAP PI 7.1 EHP1?

3) Is support package always downward compatible i.e. if a fix is provided in patch level 8 of support package 10 and if I directly upgrade of support package 11 will it include that fix as well ?

Regards

VJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does patch level corresponds to a complete support pack or different components can be on separate patch levels?

Different components can be on different patch levels.

2) What is the highest version of Support pack available for SAP PI 7.1 EHP1?

AFAIK - Support Package Stack 13

3) Is support package always downward compatible i.e. if a fix is provided in patch level 8 of support package 10 and if I directly upgrade of support package 11 will it include that fix as well ?

I don't think you'll direclty apply the patch 10.. you'll load all the packages from your version to target version. So it contains all fixes.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find it the details @ http://service.sap.com/pam (product availability matrix)

vishal1889
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh

Thanks for your response and it was really quick as always .

I wanted to have more clarification on my 3rd question as I think I dind't mentioned my question clearly.

Say if have to apply different OSS notes like 1894049,1788080,1768656,1739529 and they all talk about upgrading to different SP with corresponding Patch levels and  I plan to upgrade to a common SP which include all these corrections then can I upgrade to the highest SP which is mentioned in these notes?

Regards

VJ

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Latest patches will have all the changes supported in previous patch. Its always advised to be on N-1

where N is the latest SP /Patch level  for the component.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ

You Can upgrade to N-1 and check the patch level for each components  mainly for below components that are important.

MESSAGING 

XIAF 

XIESR

XIGUI 

XITOOL

If you want to check if a particular note is already included or not  GO  to SNOTE transaction  and download the note . after download you will get a status note whether that note can be applied or its already applied.

Regards

Srinivas

Answers (0)