SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default characteristic values are not saved to articles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have an issue with characteristic value assignment to articles.

A characteristic has two value assignments as defaults. This characteristic is assigned to Merchandise category.

But when creating an article against this Merchandise category, the default values do not get saved automatically.

Any idea what could go wrong?

Thanks & Regards,

Indrani Chakravarty

6 REPLIES 6

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indrani,

Can you please let us know what is the relevancy indicator for this characteristics in its assignment to merchandise category? It should be 1 (Information purpose only).

When you Create an article, does this value appearing in MM41 screen?

Please check the same.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the response.

Yes the relevancy indicator is 1.

But when i create an article i dont see the value getting appeared on the screen. If i dont select any value manally, and save the article, the characteristic is saved without any value.

This is incorrect, cause there are values set as default in the characteristic maintenance. ( CT04)

Regards,

Indrani Chatterjee

0 Kudos

Hi,

There is some issue with characteristic definition then. You might have set Single Entry check with a default value. Please remove all default value checks and let values come in Selection in Article master. This might fix your issue.

Let us know.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

It is still not working. The values are not defaulted on article master.

Any thing else we can try?

Regards,

Indrani

0 Kudos

Hi Indrani,

Please set the check option as W in WRFCHVALTYPE for the characteristic's and check if this solves your problem.

Regards,

Ramkrishna

0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

I have checked in the above transaction code, and the value is set W already.

Still when i create an article in MM41, the default values are not populated automatically.

regards,

Indrani