cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection plan for delivery to customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create inspection plan for delivery to customer, I maintain material master for inspection type '10' what is inspection plan type need to create.

Regards,

Ahmed Rouby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmed,

I have seen every post here and I can think of one thing that is causing this error.

Pl run a check on following,

• You have used Usage 6 in inspection plan.
  • Follow this path QCC0>Quality inspection> Inspection lot creation> Maintain inspection types>Select 10 and double click. See what is maintained in the Task list usage under Inspection planning. This usage value should be maintained in the inspection plan which you use for delivery inspection i.e 10
  • Next, remove the inspection points. Basically, your inspection plan shouldn't have any extra information. Just maintain correct usage and assign MICs to the operation.

For the Info records, 'Before delivery' is required & that you have already maintained and confirmed.

Other than that, pl check following,

• Using this path QCC0>Quality inspection> Inspection lot creation> Inspection at shipping> Assign Inspection Lot Origin to Delivery Type, you need to put 10 in the origin against the respective delivery type.

Other settings of material master you have already corrected.

Once you maintain all this, create a delivery and you should get an inspection lot in which you should be able to record results.

ntn

PS: You need to specify the issue precisely. Instead of responding to each & every comment, please make a collective statement. That helps in understanding the problem easily and all options tried

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks a lot for your support, solved,

Regards,

Ahmed

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Nice to see that issue got resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

lot gets created once outbound delivery (or) transfer order(lt03) is created once check the settings with that weather ware house management setting are activated in your plant.

Regards,

Arun

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Config:

You have to assign Inspection lot origin 10 to Delivery type.

Go to QCC3->Inspection Lot Creation -> Inspection at Shipping -> Assign Inspection Lot Origin to Delivery Type.

Master Data:

Assign Inspection type 10 in QM view of Material Master.

Create inspection Plan with Usage 6.

Process:

When you do delivery of Sales order, automatically Inspection lot generated with origin 10. you can't do Post goods issue to Customer before Usage Decision.

Test this scenario in your development server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I've do all that but still does not work.

Reagrds,

Ahmed

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I'm not able to understand your query. Is it related to,

• Inspection plan usage?
  • Inspection lot generation?

Everyone has already given several solutions. Can you please elaborate what exactly you are struggling with?

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I'm taking about inspection lot creation when deliver to customer, and I've do the following steps:

1. Maritain QM in Material Master with inspection type '10'

2. Create inspection plan with Usage 6

3. Create Quality Info record

but still inspection dose not created.

Regards,

Ahmed

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

1. Remember, Inspection lot will be created after Creation of Outbound Delivery. Check delivery type used in outbound delivery.

Have you checked path given by Rahul.

Config:

You have to assign Inspection lot origin 10 to Delivery type.

Go to QCC3->Inspection Lot Creation -> Inspection at Shipping -> Assign Inspection Lot Origin to Delivery Type.

also check "Assign Inspection Type to Delivery Category".

2. Check below screenshot, "by customer" must not be flagged in Info record.

3. last check would be, 10 Inspection type is "Active". May be sometimes user forget to Flag "Active" in Material Master.

If still inspection lot is not created, kindly share screen shots of all settings you have configured.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I've do all steps, but at assign Inspection lot origin 10 to Delivery type its gives my that error:

Regards,

Ahmed

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think this screen shot belongs to assigning Inspection lot Origin to delivery type.

it looks to me of VL01n, and it suggests to enter delivery quantity.

You need to pick quantity for the line item.

Get help from SD user.

Amol.

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with SD guy & enter the quantity.

1. Once you save the Delivery against the Order, automatic inspection lot generates with no. ranges starts with 10*.

2. You can do Result Recording & Usage Decision

3. After the Usage Decision, you can do PGI  (Before UD, you can't do PGI, you will get error message)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Inspection lot created but result not be able to create and gives that error:

Characteristic results cannot be recorded for inspection lot 100000000001

Message no. QE181Diagnosis

You cannot record any characteristic results for this inspection lot. The material master has been set up for the existing inspection type in such a way that results recording is not supported

Procedure

Confirm defects for this inspection lot or select another inspection lot in which you can confirm the characteristic results.

Regards,

Ahmed

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

This error can come if

1. You have not maintained Inspection characteristics in an operation for Task list.

2. "Insp. by Task list", Insp. by Specification", "Auto assignment", "Check Chars". these are Unflagged in an Inspection setup in Material Master for Inspection Type. (in your case it will be 10 inspection type).

I think you get this error because of 1st case.

Go to QP02 and maintain Inspection characteristics for operation.

and test it for new inspection lot.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

1. inspection for task list "Done"

2."Insp. by Task list", Insp. by Specification", "Auto assignment", "Check Chars". these are Unflagged in an Inspection setup in Material Master for Inspection Type. (in your case it will be 10 inspection type). "Done"

Regards,

Ahmed

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess, Inspection Lot status is in CRTD as you have flagged both Insp. with mat Spec. and Insp. with Task list. You can not record results in this case too.

Remove flag for Insp. with mat Spec.

and assign Inspection specification from QA02 or try it for New inspection lot.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I've removed flag for Insp. with mat Spec and try a new inspection lot but it is still not working.

Regards,

Ahmed

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have entered Inspection point 100 in inspection Plan.

However the system does not support sample management for inspections of a delivery.

Remove it & try..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ahmed,

As per my observation, You have mention manually smaple calculation in material master for inspection type 10.

Please go in QA02 --> Sample tab --> click on sample calculation tab --> SAVE.

then try to record result.

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

still not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

still not working

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

Kindly refer below screenshot, and test scenario for New inspection lot.
In your case, Inspect by Batch is flagged so system looks for specifications maintained in Batch determination.

Amol.

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After removing Insp. Point from Insp. Plan, you need to reassign it with the change date or try for the next lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

Can you tell what error is coming?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Characteristic results cannot be recorded for inspection lot 100000000002

Message no. QE181

Diagnosis

You cannot record any characteristic results for this inspection lot. The material master has been set up for the existing inspection type in such a way that results recording is not supported.

Procedure

Confirm defects for this inspection lot or select another inspection lot in which you can confirm the characteristic results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide screen short of QA02 and status of your Lot?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aslo check the inspection lot creation date and inspection plan valid from date.

If Insp. plan valid from date is not match with inspection lot creation date then you have to go in

QA02 -->Insp. specifications tab --> change Key date as inspection plan valid from date or current date --> click on Task list/ spec.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your configuration for inspection type 10.  The plan usage is defined there.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope You are asking about usage of Inspection plan. It could be Universal or Goods Issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to create inspection lot for customer delivery.

Thanks

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

1. Create Quality Info record in QV51. Specify 'before delivery'
  2. Do delivery against the sales order. System will generate inspection lot
  3. Go to QA32 do Results Recording and Usage decision(UD)
  4. Then do PGI and Invoice

Refer the below SAP Help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/2d/352b4e448c11d189420000e829fbbd/content.htmeat

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramagiri,

I've create Quality Info record, but still does not working

Regards,

Ahmed