Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down by Index label

former_member1191927
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a "drop down by index" UI element in my webdynpro which is bound to a value node which intern gets values from a model node. Values are visible in the drop down and also are going to the BAPI proprely.

But, I want to show an entry simillar to "Please Select" as the first entry which is visible by default and nothing should happen if user selects this entry. how can this be acheived?

Also, I want to make the selection of the drop down mandatory. I tried chaning the "state" property of the drop down to "required". It did not work.

Any pointers on these?

Thanks,

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari,

As per my knowledge for making it a required field you have to write some code to check it.

May be on click of a button or any other event in your scenario.

Sumit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

See this thread for "Please Select":

On action button write code for dropdown validation whether value is selected or not.

Search in SDN for sample validation code.

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,,,,

You will have to manually add the "Please Select" entry... Remove any binding of the value node and modal node. Add the custom entry "Please Select" and Use WDCopyService to transfer data from model node to value node. Give a check if the node selection is greater than 0. I think this will work....

Mahesh