cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving and Viewing Payloads

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our BASIS team has changed our DEV PI environment (7.02) so that messages are disappearing from view within SXI_MONITOR. Now the only way to view these messages is by logging into the RuntimeWorkbench and finding then via the Archived option. However, when doing this I am not always finding the Payload. For example one message was sent to PI using a Proxy - this didn't show a payload. Other messages which were sent via web service etc do show the Payload.

My question is simple:

Does Archiving impair our ability to quickly and painlessly retrieve all parts of the message, including most importantly the payload?

I am worried by archiving the view of the whole message (including Payload) is impacted. I have done some searching and it isn't clear to me what the answer is.

Cheers,

PaulC.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

in ABAP archiving by default the complete payload is persisted. In fact, all message versions. Searching is a bit more difficult, since you need to know which file to open, but otherwise it is like SXMB_MONI.

In Java part there is an option that truncates payload after a short time to save disc space. This parameter can be changed, of course.

All this is valid for asynchronous messages, for synchronous it is different.

Regards,

Jörg