cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer want to upgrade the Product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got one scenario from by business.The scenarios follows as below.

1.Customer want to upgrade the product which we have sold long time back.

2.Customer will notify us that this particular product(300000-01) send for upgrade.

3.After upgrade the product name will changed to 300000-03.(This is the latest version).

4.Here,once customer decided to upgrade the product,customer knows what will be the new product after upgrade through the product catalogs)

5.If we take the stock from customer through Repair Order(RA) and do the GR for old product,the stock will be there in the inventory agaist sales order.(We have send the same product to the customer back).

6.Service order will be created,after it gets upgraded,the service order will give back  the product  with new name 300000-03.

7.Here how to map this new product with old one and send back to the same customer?

8.Inventory is there for old product and how this inventory will be converted to new product?

9.Please advice me,is there any other of doing this task?

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

For your requirement can you please check if you can make use of the Movement Type 309 E (TCode MB1B). Using this you can create a transfer posting of the Sales Order Material 300000-01 to the new material 300000-03. The below mentioned link will give you a basic idea of the steps to be followed (Source - help.sap.com):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_afs50/helpdata/en/72/31b489855e11d4a6970060086fd66b/content.htm

By this method you should be able to meet your requirement of converting the inventory of the old product to the new product. Kindly explore this idea further as to whether and how it can be applied to your busniess scenario and inform us of the result.

Regards,

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Som,

I worked out this option.but the issue in this option is creating the outbound DN with reference to Sales order.

See the details expain below.

1.I have created the order with Document type  RA   > Return DN  > PGR. with MM:60000-01

2.Created the Service Order and after service completion,stock posted back with New MM:60000-

3.Through movement type 309E,I have moved the stock from 60000-01 to 60000-02.

4. Now the sales order is carrying MM 60000-01 and its not edit mode as I have created the Return      DN for this.

5.I can not create the outbound DN with this order as it carrying old MMs.I need to create oudbound DN for customer with new MM.

How to overcome this issue?Please advice me.

Thanks

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

If I understood your scenario correctly, for the return of the material after it has been upgraded you are creating an Outbound delivery directly from the Repair Order.

Instead of that will it be possible to create a new order type using which we can create an outbound delivery to send the upgraded material back to the customer. This order type must refer to the repair order and in the order to order related copy control set the copy routine to copy only the header data and then add the upgraded item manually during order creation (or by using material determination if possible).

Perform a 309 E material movement (as mentioned above) so that we can use the upgraded material in the new order type that we create with reference to the repair order. By this method we will have a reference to the original repair order with the old product also.

Kindly check and confirm if this solution is feasible.

Regards,

Som

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check any Possibility of the Material Deetermination for a Particular Document Type.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Maybe you can manage it with batches. One of the characteristics could be the version.

What is the user for the name, your end users or your customers? The question for name could be handle in forms (SAPscript, Smartforms,...), in VA05, and so on, but I believe with userexits and other enhancements it could be done.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo