cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EM Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I have a scenario where i want to display EH in hierarchical manner. Please let me know the help doc on the same.

Thanks,

Shubh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Shubh,

Not so simple to answer in a forum, rather needs a document. In short you need the following in place:

1. EH Hierarchy profile definition
  2. User Profile linking to EH Hierarchy profile
  3. We then need the ruleset activities that process the event and build the hierarchy 
  4. Add lower level EH GUIDs to Process and set current EH GUID as Higher Level 
    1. ADD_EHS_TO_PROCESS (Ref. Object = T: Tracking ID) 
    2. EH_GUID_SET 
  5. Update EH Hierarchy with new lower level EH 
    1. EH_HIERARCHY_UPDATE (A = Add, R = Remove)

An example would look like this.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shubh,

you can check the deliverd PTA scenarios as an example regarding usage of hierarchy functionality, e.g. hierarchy profile, rule set with activities to build up and remove hierarchy relationships between event handlers (all the points Kevin already mentioned).

Cheers, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel, Kevin,

We have scenario of 3 Level Hierarchy. We have configured rule activities as per PTA scenario. Only difference is, since we want to retain Event Message on Lower Level EH we have QUIT_EVM_PROCESSING activity at the end of PROC_HL_EH insterad of PROC_LOWER_EH.

We have configured EH Hierarchy Profile similar to PTA10_ID. I.e. there is no Source and Target Config field. Top Eh is not check.

On User profile 'Retrieve Event Messages for Higher-Level EH' is NOT checked.

Sequence of process is as below:

1. Event message 1 creates hierarchy between Level 1 & Level 2.

2. Event message 2 creates hierarchy between Level 2 & Level 3. 

After Event message processing /SAPTRX/EH_HIER is updated correctly for all levels, similar to PTA scenario. Event messsage is correctly retained at lower level each time.

Our issue is, on Web UI we can see hierarchy levels 1 & 2 only, level 3 is missing. What could be the reason? Where should we look for a fix?

Thanks in advance,

Prajakta

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could check table /SAPTRX/EH_HIER if everything is correct here.

HL_EH_GUID -> Parent EH Guid.

The following 3 Function Modules retrieve hierarchy data:

/SAPTRX/GET_HIGHER_LEVEL_EH    Retrive higher level EHs for a given guid in a hierarchy

/SAPTRX/GET_LOWER_LEVEL_EH     Retrive lower level EHs for a given guid in a hierarchy

/SAPTRX/GET_TOP_EH             Get Top EH for specified guids

Maybe check the result here.

Best regards,

Steffen