Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid HTTP Response in Soap Receiver adapter

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are working on Proxy to Soap asynchronous scenario.

Message is successfully processed in PI, but it is not deliver to the web-service.

In communication channel monitoring, the SOAP receiver adapter is in error state.

Audit log says " " Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: invalid http response: <html>"

i can get to the URL through IE from PI server..

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Bhargava krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

May be you are getting a error page or similar. Try to get all the response.

1. Change the interfaces to synch.

2. Receiver SOAP with the check DO Not use to SOAP envelope

3. Do a XSL mapping to wrap the call with the SOAP envelope

4. In the module adapter, with the module key soap (sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.soapadapter/XISOAPAdapterBean) , set in module configuration soap XMBWS.NoSOAPIgnoreStatusCode true (to catch the all the response)

Regards,

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharga,

If the scenario is async you shouldn't have response. Have you checked your service interfaces as aync?

Regards.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is async..

Regards

Bhargava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have faced similar case ,for us the reason behind is target system web service is not accepting the message and throwing ack back after its service validations .

Share the target payload to target system folks they can test it in their test suite and tell you the exact reason for failure.

Regards

Venkat

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

thanks for your reply..

ill check with my vendor and get back to you..

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Forgot to say ,first check with them whether they received message or not .They will check for the record in their d/b .If they haven't received they will reply back saying we haven't received .

Now ask as i suggested above by sharing target payload.

Regards

Venkat

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

They confirmed that they didn't receive any data..

the url which they provided to us is SSL based. Can we use SOAP adapter for this or HTTP?

Thanks

Bhargava krishna.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

Personally I'd use SOAP adapter since installing certs in NWA does not require an ICM restart. It still depends if you will run it in SOAP or no-SOAP mode. Ask them for the service description, are they expecting an HTTP POST or an HTTP GET?

Regards,

Mark

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried executing the same payload in SOAP UI? Can you share to us the HTTP Header that you see in SOAP UI?

Regards,

Mark

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

i'm unable to test the web-service with url in SOAP UI. we don't have WSDL file to test it.

we tried by ping the web-service from PI server and test the URL. it is success..

from telnet <IP> <PORT>

No firewalls are blocking the connection.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

How about using an HTTP sniffer (e.g Fiddler) for a successful request? The error looks like a 404, not sure. One of the most important part is the HTTP method, is it POST or GET?

Regards,

Mark