cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of sub codes under code and code group in QS41

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

we have nearly 300 codes under CS Notification so my user ask me to segregate the codes through codes and sub codes that functionality is not possible through standard SAP, so i need solution for this requirement i tried with classification (Class type 007) at code group level but it is  not working while selecting the codes(creation of notification) for this requirement please provide solution for us

Regards,

Venkateswarlu.V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateswarlu,

I think its more of a user's job than your's. Let user know how codegroup and codes work and how he can relate it with code and sub-code.

I agree with Anand, creating codegroups and catalig profile will solve your query.

If not, share some sample data of codes and subcodes. We will get better idea of scenario.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Thanks for your response i'll give my codes

in my existing business E is the catalog profile under E CS is the code group under CS 300 codes are available but my requirement is Under catalog profile E CS is the code group under CS code group CEH,MH.CE,Others are the codes under each code we can add some 70 or 90 codes for this requirement is there any possibility please guide me

Regards,

Venkateswarlu.V

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Under E there is only CS, then why dont you name CS as catalog profile?

You can also name catalog profile as E-CS or codegroups as CS-CEH etc.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

i agreed your explanation but i explained to user through the same way but he is not agreed like this way so is there any possibility as i explained or i'll force my user to do the same activity please revert

Regards,

Venkat

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkateswarlu,

1. Multilevel codegroup functionality as you desire is not possible.

2. What is CS? if it is some kind of defect location you can create codegroup CS for defect location in Catalog type "E"; create codegroups CEH, MH.CE with catalog type "9" and assign to Catalog profile E (do not get confused between Catalog type E and Catalog profile E; catalog profile E is from your requirement)

3. Otherwise go with my earlier reply.

Amol.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you should create separate code group instead of creating so many codes under the same code group. Did you try catalog profiles? These can be useful when you have n number of code groups and want only relevant codes groups to be displayed for particular material or notification.

Anand