Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule Based ATP versus Interchangeability

mwallace
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

At the moment I have set up location substitution using RBATP at product hierarchy level to limit the number of rules.  In addition we want to use product substitution but only for a very limited number of products.

For the limited products I want the ATP check to look for product 1 in each location then move onto product 2 in each location, in each period before moving onto the next period. This is explained in the below graphic:

Is it possible to achieve this?  As far as I know RBATP only runs through the procedure once when it kicks in and not once for each bucket but some confirmation would be great, I'd assume I'm not the first person to want this functionality.

Thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael ,

There is one way to achieve it by using calculations profile . But this solution will work only if you have small number of buckets .  Suppose you have 12 buckets through out the year . You have to create 12 rules , one for each bucket and only allow SO to consume receipts within the period . You can set Allowable Delay accordingly in Calc Prof.   But if you are using daily or weekly bucket then it is useless.

Best Rgds ,

Love Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

with interchangeability we can assign product substitutions and also can keep usage yes or no from a certain period.

We can suggest 1st pass 2nd pass..nth pass rules for product substitutions.

You can get relevant substitutions by setting date field in condition table and create substitution rules based on it.

If useful let me know.

Bala.

mwallace
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Thanks but that doesn't quite fit.  We're already dynamically changing the start date of RBA in reference to the requested date so I don't want to overcomplicate the rules that I'm generating.  It's just a shame there isn't this functionality in the RBA logic..

Cheers

Michael