cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is use of creating new inspection type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

What is use of creating new inspection type.could you provide one example with business scenario.

How to create and configure a new Inspection Type to meet the business process

requirement.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A couple of others:

1 - I might want to have different selected sets for my UD codes.  I can define my 04 inspection type to use selected UD4, inspection type 04001 to use selected set UD4001 and inspection type 04002 to use selected set UD4002, etc etc..

2- I need to use different inspection plans.

Inspection type 89 is defined to use task list usage 5, (maybe same usage as used by 04 inspections).

Inspection type 89A is defined to use task list usage 8.

In this way I can do a manual inspection using my production inspection plan which might not be checking every possible characteristic.

With inspection type 89A the plan with usage 8 has every test that is applicable for the material.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reasons could be:

1. If there are process difference between the same type of Inspections like mentioned above.
  2. If there are authorizations difference required based on the type of materials. For Raw materials, quality team may be different. For Spare parts, team may be different.

One of my actual experience is creating 2 types of In-process Inspection types, where for some materials, quality team will handle the quality inspection. For some of the processes, Production team will do the inspection on production line itself. Here, it requires authorization control between 2 teams for the same type of inspection.

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I came to one situation while implemantation. Suppose you have make result recording mandatory for some mateials among huge number of ROH mateials  with the help of Status profile.In this situation i have crated a new inspeciton type Z01 and assign it only those materials for which i have to make result recording mandatory  and Assign Status Profile to only inspection type z01. So by this way i could able to achive my goal.

I hope you understand.!!!!

Regards

Manish

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll explain this with one example. lets take inspection type 01. It is used for inspecting the incoming goods. An organisation may purchase different kind of materials like ROH, FERT or Spare parts.

Now when the requirement is like,

• Any ROH or FERT materials is purchased, Quality inspection is required with inspection results.
  • When Spare parts are required, No result recording is required but only Usage decision.

In this case, 01 can be used for both cases but you need to maintain Insp with Task list/specification for first case whereas you don't do it for second case.

To avoid this job, you can configure Z01 inspection type. In default settings (in configuration) for Z01, you do set nothing among them.

This way, you would eliminate the scope of error of maintaining the relative indicator in material master. Instead you would only assign either 01 or Z01 following the material class.

This is the path to create an inspection type

QCCO> Quality inspection> Insp lot creation> Maintain inspection type.

Once created, you need to assign it to inspection lot origin by this path

QCCO> Quality inspection> Insp lot creation> Maintain inspection type> Maintain inspection lot origin & assign insp type.

Another thing you need to take care of is Variance while using multiple inspection type of a single lot origin.

Above is one example. There could be several others.

ntn