SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM42: Article Category - change

joe4
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there a way to change the article category. We want to go from 00(Single material) to 12(Display).

I know that a change the other way would not be recommended, meaning going from an article with components to an article without components.

A simple test changing the value MARA-ATTYP the hard way and then add the components in CS01, will give no problems what we have found.

Regards

Jonas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jonas,

I would not recommend such an approach. It is not clear, if CS01 to create BOM for retail articles can have side effects. Although the BOMs can be created with CS01, this can lead to data inconsistencies as retail additional data is not updated via CS01 and afterwards problems in Retail functions (e.g. POS Inbound). Also see SAP Note 880668.

As there is no standard transaction or function to do this, I would recommend to create a new article. To reduce the effort, maybe WRFMATCOPY can be used (not sure in this constellation).

Regards

Tobias

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jonas,

I would not recommend such an approach. It is not clear, if CS01 to create BOM for retail articles can have side effects. Although the BOMs can be created with CS01, this can lead to data inconsistencies as retail additional data is not updated via CS01 and afterwards problems in Retail functions (e.g. POS Inbound). Also see SAP Note 880668.

As there is no standard transaction or function to do this, I would recommend to create a new article. To reduce the effort, maybe WRFMATCOPY can be used (not sure in this constellation).

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Thanks for your comments

Replacing the articles will cost a lot of time and problems, so right now we are looking for other possibility’s. I was hoping for a standard function.

Regards

Jonas

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

As far as I know, you cannot change the article category and the components has to be created from within Article and not through CS01 for structured article.

Regards,

Amit