cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOP still changing SO's shipping dates despite delivery is created

Former Member

Dear Gurus/Experts,

May i kindly seek your help and assitance as our client is having issues with SO's that already has deliveries but still being changed by BOP.

Could you please be so kind to answer the ff:

What are the factors that BOP will consider to stop proposing dates on the SO's shipping dates?

Which program/fm should i go and place a breakpoint for debugging?

Is it configurable for BOP not to change or to change order dates? where should i check?

The scenario is that we do have SO with order qty of 6pcs created on 15.01.2014, with GI date = 22.02.2014 initially upon ATP Check.

The next day 16.02.2014 delivery is created partially for 3 pcs with a Planned GI of 22.02.2014. (which is correct at that time)

Then on the 18th and 19th, BOP proposed new dates, changing the GI date of SO sched line 10 (first 3pcs) to 24.02.2014 then 25.02.2014 respectively. Now Delivery dates are inconsistent with the SOs shipping dates due to BOP.

As with regard to the remaining 3 pcs, delivery is yet to be created. But the issue is that BOP is changing the SOs Shipping date of scheduling line 10 (first partial delivery) despite it already has a DN.

TIA!!

Zeke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor

Hi Ezekiel,

Your questions:

What are the factors that BOP will consider to stop proposing dates on the SO's shipping dates?

BOP will stop proposing dates for sales order as soon as SO requirement is not there in APO - this you can check in RRP3.

Which program/fm should i go and place a breakpoint for debugging?

To debug BOP you can check program /SAPAPO/BOP

Is it configurable for BOP not to change or to change order dates? where should i check?

BOP will change sales order dates as per new receipt situation, if order requirement is there in APO.  You have the option to run BOP on either requested quantity or confirmed quantity.

If your requirement is not to run BOP on previously confirmed orders then you have option on "Confirmation Situation" tab under "Filter" button on "Worklist" tab.

Here you need to check only "Without Confirmation" option here.

Hope this gives you some clarity.

Rgds

Sourabh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ezekiel,

Another thing, which i realized after going through screenshots you have posted is. You have created sales order for 6 qty, out of this 3 is already been delivered, but this leaves you with remaining unconfirmed quantity of 3.

Have you checked if 3 quantity, which BOP is considering is this remaining quantity or the quantity which is already been confirmed.

In RRP3 are you seeing order quantity of 3 or 6.

Please check.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

Yes that gives me 3 more qties remaining and yes I cans see 3 qty in RRP3 which is confirmed (0004067857/000010/0002), which i believe should be correct.

What im wondering now, is it normal to have the delivery schedule line 0004067857/000010/0001 (first 3 qty) in RRP3 even though it already has delivery...? - is it the reason why BOP still changes delivery sched line, 0004067857/000010/0001, to be changed, even today (please see screen shot below).

thanks!

Zeke

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ezekiel,

If you have created delivery document, then you should be able to see delivery requirement for that much quantity and not sales order delivery schedule line.

If you are seeing sales order schedule line with requirement quantity, then BOP will consider this.

Technically you should see a delivery document of quantity 3 (if this is not been goods issued) and sales order for quantity 3 in this case.

Can you check if there is not issue in CIF for documents update.

Rgds

Sourabh

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

flagging “Consider Release Date” in BOP was assumed to correct the issue.

Issue has not been encountered so far.

Thank you for all your help really appreaciate it.

Thanks and regards!

Zeek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sourabh and Bala, Just a follow-up question now...

I now understand that until such time that the delivery is GI-ed, sched line will be changed.

But during this time, the Delivery dates are still as it is, hence when GI is posted on the DN, Sched line dates are updated but DN dates remain intial (in partial/split delivery). But when the scenario is full, Sched line dates are same with DN Date. Is that behavior standard?

thanks and regards!

Zeke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ezekiel,

Upto my knowledge in standard dates will not be changed once DNs are created.

Please check for a sales order when final ATP check happend. Might be the ATP check is changing the dates. It may give you some idea.

Thanks,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Bala, that is my issue. Sched lines dates of Sales Orders are being changed by BOP/ATP Check, every day, despite that it has delivery. And changes continue to occur up until Delivery has been GI-ed.

Now, what i understood is that, it is a standard behavior of BOP to change SOs Sched lines dates until such time that delivery has been GI-ed. But what i done understand is that, is it normal that Sales ORder sched dates are not the same with delivery dates (example date is GI date)? If it should be same, then in my case, which one is wrong; GI date of the delivery or the Sales Order sched line?

If SO sched line is correct (since BOP is updating it), then who should change the Delivery's dates?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ezekiel,

But what i done understand is that, is it normal that Sales ORder sched dates are not the same with delivery dates (example date is GI date)? If it should be same, then in my case, which one is wrong; GI date of the delivery or the Sales Order sched line?

Dates may not be same, because if confirmation for a material is given on next month date. We can create delivery today itself manually or by batch with same date proposed in Sales order or with a new date.

PGI can be done today it self if stock is available..So, dates may not be same.

Thanks,

Bala..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ezekiel, 

In given screen shots it seems to be Deliveries are not considered in your BOP.

If deliveries are considered then you will get delivery no.. instead of Sales Order number.

Also in your Q testing Delivery requirement/ confirmation is already done for 2 Qty.

When you done ATP check it applied for 3 qty and aleready committed 2 qty is not considered.

In your RRP3 screen requirement  for 3 qty came in schedule line 1 and confirmation got from schedule line 2.

When I tried 1st I had delivery for 1 qty in schedule line 2 and added 2 qty and done ATP check.

In RRP3 it came as requirement for schedule line 1 and confirmation in schedule line 2. Old schedule line changed to SL 3.

It is a standard behaviour of ATP check and not in relation with BOP.

Hope this helps..

RG

Bala.

Message was edited by: Bala B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I tested again in our Q system:

What i did was to split the delivery of an SO with order qty of 5. 2qty (with DN but not GRed) and 3 qty which i moved to a later date (to split the delivery) during my ATP Check. In my new scenario below, you can see that 2nd delivery sched line no. (#3) was changed when i triggered ATP Check for the remaining 3 qty.

Is it normal that BOP or either ATP Check on SOs to change schedule line dates despite having DN (not yet GRed)?

Please help, or should i go for OSS message?

TR,

Zeke

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ezekiel,

Let me explain you what i am able to figure out from your screenshots here.

You have one order of qty. 5

There are three schedule lines in sales order;

First Schedule Line: Unconfirmed schedule line

Second Schedule Line: Confirmed schedule line - confirmed qty 2

Third Schedule Line: Confirmed schedule line - confirmed qty 3

Now you have created delivery for 2 qty., this is now visible in APO as delivery requirement and not sales order requirement, remaining 3 quantity is still visible as sales order requirement.

In normal case, documents (SO, POs, Deliveries etc.) which don't have any requirement quantity unfulfilled (you can check this in MD04 in ECC or RRP3 in APO) should not be included in BOP.

In your case your delivery document is still showing requirement of 2, and if BOP is considering delivery document as well, then yes you can see change in schedule line.

So, if you have included delivery document in your BOP run and there are deliveries, which have not been goods issued, there is a possibility that your second schedule line date might get change.

In case you have not included delivery documents in BOP then there is some issue.

Hope i am able to explain this.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ezekiel,

Are you considering Delivery Order type in the Filter?

Thanks,

Nihar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nihar,

My apologies, but could you please elaborate further?

is it in BOP?

Thanks and regards!

Zeke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ezekiel,

1. go to TX: /n/sapapo/bop

2. get the BOP variant from get variant.

3. Click on Filter button

4. Select the tab order types involved and check whether you are including delivery order type.

Thanks,

Nihar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar, No it is not included. only these two options exist.

TR,

Zeke

Former Member
0 Kudos
babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ezekiel,

Has the delivery document of 3PCs been CIFed to APO correctly ? Do you see the relevant delivery entry in the table /SAPAPO/OBREF ?

Before running the BOP, what was the situation of //RRP3 ? Does it show that there is a confirmation of 3 PCs for which the delivery is created ?

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Babu,

Not quite sure if when was the order CIFed in APO.

But as i what i see now, confirmation of the first 3 pcs is in APO.

TR

Zeke