cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW 740 Media from a share drive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to install NW 740 on a Windows VM. The share drive where the media is available, is visible from Windows Explorer but when I try to select the location in SAPINST wizard the only disk drive I see is the C. So I copied and past the path to the wizard but it doesn't recognize the location.

When I copied the media files in the VM machine I end up running out of space. Is there away to leverage a share drive and run the installation from there?

Cheers

F

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Private_Member_12188
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If your installation media is on another server, can you simply put in the UNC path to the media?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add ISO images or physical drives from the host to the virtual machine as logical drives. What virtualization technology are you using? VMware? Hyper-V?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fahim,

Please disable Windows UAC (User Access Control), and try SAPINST.  You should be able to see all drives.

Also, please check the following notes:

SAPinst does not find shared disk with Double-Take

1431676 - SAPinst does not find shared disk with Veritas Volume Managr

112266 - SAP and MS Cluster Server: Frequent questions and tips

Thanks.

Adil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm using VMware, here is the screenshot from the VM:

Basically, I can see the share drive in Windows Explorer but not the SAPINST.

Cheers,

F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of doing that, cheat SAPINST by mapping the shared drive on the host and then by adding a logical drive on the virtual machine pointing to the drive on the host. You should then see drive X in SAPINST. I'm guessing SAPINST is filtering out network paths because of unreliability issues.