cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn of developer trace for SelectedSfcNotInWorkAtOperationException

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SAP ME 6.1.4.2:

When the operation completeSfc of the SfcCompleteService fails with the SelectedSfcNotInWorkAtOperationException (a BusinessException!!!), 2 error messages are written to developer trace (File = defaultTrace, Severity = Error, Category = com.sap.me.trace):

1. Explicitly rolling back transaction.
  2. Selected SFC "..." is not in work at operation "..." (Message 15441)
    at com.sap.me.frame.BaseDAO.abort(BaseDAO.java:2615)
    at com.sap.me.frame.BasicBOBean.abort(BasicBOBean.java:2066)
    at com.sap.me.frame.AbstractWorker.abort(AbstractWorker.java:99)
    at com.sap.me.demand.SFCRoutingCompleteWorker.complete(SFCRoutingCompleteWorker.java:573)
    at com.sap.me.demand.SFCRoutingBOBean.complete(SFCRoutingBOBean.java:162)

How can we turn this off? In our case we catch and deal with this BusinessException. This is ok. No error message has to be traced - it just confuses the server administrators. Our code looks like this:

CompleteSfcRequest csr = new CompleteSfcRequest();

csr.setSfcRef(mySfcRef);

csr.setOperationRef(myOperationRef);

csr.setResourceRef(myResourceRef);

SfcCompleteServiceInterface scs = Services.getService("com.sap.me.production", "SfcCompleteService", mySite);

try

{

scs.completeSfc(csr);

}

catch (SelectedSfcNotInWorkAtOperationException niwe)

{

// SFC was already completed before; its ok; continue with next step

}

Best regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional note:

We don't want to change the trace severity of the trace location com.sap.me.trace from "Error" (default) to "Fatal". This would suppress the mentioned trace messages, but all other "real error messages", too.

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

As I have seen, Explicit rollback is a usual message that accompanies SAP ME business exceptions. So, I would say it is a normal case.

You might need to post the full stack trace of both errors to let develpers comment on a source of each message (I guess they might be related to different (technical vs. business logic) layers.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

please take a look at other services. E.g. if the startSfc operation of the SfcStartService throws a SFCNotQueuedForOperationException and this BusinessException is caught, no error is written to developer trace. Or the AllComponentsAlreadyAssembledException thrown by AssemblyService.assembleAsBuiltComponents does not lead to errors in developer trace. Just the SfcCompleteService does.

Therefore I think the error trace might be an bug in the SfcCompleteService, if there is no way to turn it off. You?

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think there is a solution. We will create a bug report.

Answers (0)